Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re: the API, they're trying. from monitoring the network traffic from my car to Tesla, I can see that the traffic to Tesla's VPN stopped at 7:30am Pacific. It then worked again briefly around 2pm Pacific, but has not worked since.
Yeah, looking at TeslaFi, that was when it first failed. Came back around noon-ish ET and soon failed again. And that’s it. VPN may be something else, as the apps aren’t using it. Of course if cars aren’t connecting, apps can’t do anything!

He could use his Tesla app? What does ‘everything’ mean? The cars seem to work fine, as in streaming, etc.

Well my map for the longest time would not even show how many supercharger was occupied, and my app wouldnt work. His was function at the time.

Since then, my map seemed to be fixed, but still no app connectivity, but now says "Temporary Maintenance Please try again later"

Well my map for the longest time would not even show how many supercharger was occupied, and my app wouldnt work. His was function at the time.

Since then, my map seemed to be fixed, but still no app connectivity, but now says "Temporary Maintenance Please try again later"
Interesting his showed SuC data... perhaps depending on what server he was connected to? We have no info on the datacenter situation and this could have been multiple failures....

This is kind of interesting.
I plugged my Model S into charge a while ago.
I just got notifications that charging was complete. (6 times and counting...)
8875987D-2A10-4BFB-8AD9-4D299C386D2D.jpeg

Reactions: Pkmmte
This is kind of interesting.
I plugged my Model S into charge a while ago.
I just got notifications that charging was complete. (6 times and counting...)
View attachment 295759
What firmware are you on? My app still doesn’t work; so it’s possible they have fixed things and are letting accounts back slowly.

Multiple charging notifications was an issue for 2018.14, I believe.

Sorry that was our Model 3
Notifications were for the Model S which is on 2018.14.2
View attachment 295762
I was going to say that sounded like a strange release.... :D

14.2 had the fix for that notification bug. So, the other thing I just thought of is that Apple app notifications go through a different mechanism including Apple servers. It may be that part of the structure is back up, the cars talking to Tesla and then to Apple to your app. But the app can’t login directly to Tesla for other data. That would explain the notifications while the ‘real stuff’ is broken still.

There's really no reason why their servers would be down for an entire day. I would think a company as big as Tesla could've sorted the issue out within an hour.

I really needed the app today to ...like... compulsively check and make sure the cars are still fully charged in the garage ;)
Lol... I saw on TeslaFi that people were still getting 2018.14.2 today (somehow) so just *had* to go out to the garage a couple of times to be *sure* someone hadn’t slipped the car an update while I couldn’t check on it... No such luck! :D

I was going to say that sounded like a strange release.... :D

14.2 had the fix for that notification bug. So, the other thing I just thought of is that Apple app notifications go through a different mechanism including Apple servers. It may be that part of the structure is back up, the cars talking to Tesla and then to Apple to your app. But the app can’t login directly to Tesla for other data. That would explain the notifications while the ‘real stuff’ is broken still.
Could be that the server is able to send out messages but not able to get input from users through the app.

While this outage sucks and is pretty inexcusable, the response from a curl is pretty fun:

HTML:
Our servers are waiting for a supercharger spot..

So flatbed them bad boys to the next functional supercharger. Shades of Silverthorn right there.

This is the longest app outage I can recall. And of course a bit of a pain for those of us who use valet mode and access the frunk with regularity.