Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received 2018.6.1 last night and I noticed today my iOS mobile app is having a hard time communicating with the car. I am getting "Unknown Errors" often. Is this related to 2018.6.1? I know also many cloud environments are under DDos attacks. Anyone having issues today?

I had the same issue today after the Tesla app update yesterday. I re-booted my car and now the app works fine.

I picked up my MX for 20 days, and this week I upgraded App Mobile to version 3.3.3, and it stopped working. He did not detect the vehicle anymore. Solution: I just reset the car computer, holding the 2 buttons on the steering wheel and restarting the system, and everything was perfect. App by detecting the vehicle again. Problem solved.

I'm seeing this as well. Able to login to tesla.com successfully, but both the Tesla app and a third-party one are unable to connect. My guess is that mobile and web use different servers for authentication, and the mobile one is down.

Hope it clears up soon!

Having issues this morning. Worked fine last night, can't connect to the car now. Errors are alternating between "Check your internet connection" and "unknown error". Interestingly enough, i'm able to get push alerts from the car (e.g. charging has started), but the app won't connect.

Good, I was about to call support. And on a Saturday :eek: Remote S reported last comms at 10:54 ET and now seems to be back up as is the Tesla app.

May be a stupid question, but what’s the easiest way to see recent TeslaFi raw data? All I can find quickly is the download historical by month.

I was trying to make sure it wasn’t a local problem because my car (for the second time) went off the reservation and charged to 93%. Normal max is 80 and she did this before only after a new firmware was installed. A reboot fixed it then but this time no new firmware since 2018.12 three weeks ago and been rebooted several times and charged to 80 many times of course. Very weird. Then the comms issue and I didn’t know what to think! :D

My app is down also, tried logging out now can't log back in. Also streaming music not working for me? Wth hope they fix soon taking a road trip to disneyland tommorow :(
I was looking at the issue I was discussing above and my streaming was working. Streaming really shouldn’t be connected to Tesla servers.

And just checked again, Slacker works as well as it ever does. :D (streams perfectly).