Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App connection issue on iPhone

T3SLA90D

Jan 5, 2017
York, PA
Tesla app doesn’t connect to car last 2 days. However the Tesla widget does connect. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling app, rebooting MCU without benefit. Anyone else having this issue? Is it an app bug?

SrLANGuy

Feb 23, 2019
St. Louis, MO
Sometimes the Tesla servers are busy and my app won't connect, but usually the issue goes away later in the day. Not sure why the widget would work but not the app. You might want to uninstall the app and then reinstall it if the issue continues.

T3SLA90D

Jan 5, 2017
York, PA
Update: found out that app connects to car when phone is connected to Wi-Fi but not when using cellular data. No other apps have connection problem on cellular data. I have an iPhone with AT&T plan using e-sim. Last app update was early July but problem didn’t seem to have started until around July 18th.

Anyone else with this issue? I am trying to see how widespread the problem is. I saw a recent review on the Apple store with the same issue but nothing else otherwise. Thx.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC