Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App connection issues anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds like a different problem, since card keys do not need connection to the Tesla network.
I thought the same thing...Seems strange both my app and my cards are suddenly not working after working fine an hour ago. My screen says Sentry Mode activated but my car is in my driveway and nobody’s been near it. Customer service number is a busy signal. Just checked with a friend who’s having similar connection problems with his M3.

Well at least I do not have to worry about the issue being tied to the iOS update.

this is what I receive when attempting to log in to the Tesla website (is that a panel alignment issue on the headlight? :D):

D76B2D3F-0925-4C23-985C-1926FEE199E1.png

on an unrelated note- does anyone that logs in to this site (TMC) via iPhone and use Face ID to log in receive a notification that your password was part of a data compromise? This seems specific to TMC. I realize now I should have tried to take a screenshot.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing...Seems strange both my app and my cards are suddenly not working after working fine an hour ago. My screen says Sentry Mode activated but my car is in my driveway and nobody’s been near it. Customer service number is a busy signal. Just checked with a friend who’s having similar connection problems with his M3.
Wonder if your car got stuck in an update or some other issue happened specific to your car regarding the key issues. Both the keycard and the phone key should work regardless of the network. Good luck.

Bumping this thread.

I upgraded to iOS 14 last night and now I receive a network error when attempting to access the app. Fortunately, my car is in the shop for PPF and tint so not a big deal at this time, but I can’t help but wonder if this error is tied to the iOS update?

I’ve been on iOS 14 since the public beta was released a couple of months ago and the app worked fine. This seems to be a bigger issue.