TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App does NOT accept my Location when trying to Schedule Service

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by MaineReason, Dec 13, 2019.

1. MaineReason

MaineReason Member

I have tried many times to schedule service via the App and when asked to type
    in my "location", the App does NOT accept it. I type it in and the process will NOT move forward.
    I cannot press "next", not service centers or times or anything comes up.

HOW do I schedule service if that feature on the App will not function?

I have 3 issues:

1) "Gearbox Fluid Service Recommended" notice appeared onscreen last night (12/12/19).

2) Right rear tail light housing holds water/moisture. Tail light housing position seems misaligned compared to
    the left one...I think this is causing the moisture to get in.

3) "Blind Spot Detected" notices appear onscreen at random, usually at night.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated - thanks!

Model 3 delivered 6/22/19
    AWD DM LR FSD 19" Wheels

2. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Did you give the app the ability to see your location in system settings. Many smart phones work that way. Some don't. Not sure what you are using.

3. Voltron_M3

Voltron_M3 Member

Had the same issue this morning tying to schedule a mobile service. I eventually had to use my mother in law's address for it to work. I called up to the service center and talked to a service advisor about the problem. She said it's a known issue and to put my home address in the notes as the location for the appointment.

4. MaineReason

MaineReason Member

Thank you. I had already checked that and it's set as it should be, but still does not work.

5. MaineReason

MaineReason Member

Thank you. What number did you call? I cannot even find a number to call for service appointments. There is DEFINITELY room for improvement in this area. It could be SO simple...yet it is not.

6. Voltron_M3

Voltron_M3 Member

I called the local service center here in Vegas and choose to speak to a salesperson (only way to get a human on the line). From there I asked to be transferred to the service department.

7. Csamika

Csamika Member

i know this is an old post, but I had the same problem. What worked for me is adding the commas as the example address was showing in the entry field. Once i've separated address, city, state, zip w commas it took it.