Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App does not connect since update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to move the appointment out 2 days. The service was performed today. They found a problem with the connectivity board and replaced it. No charge.

I forgot to add that my first tests after picking up the car have been positive. The problem appears to be fixed! I will keep testing for a few days.

tesla_invoice9a8c97de-3b28-48c7-b663-ccbe9467e210_pdf.png

Last edited:
My car has been dropping wifi every night for the last couple of weeks. When I get in the car in the morning it is connected to LTE.
when I tap the LTE icon the wifi comes up. It seems the last FSD beta update to 2022.20.19 caused this to happen.

My car has been dropping wifi every night for the last couple of weeks. When I get in the car in the morning it is connected to LTE.
when I tap the LTE icon the wifi comes up. It seems the last FSD beta update to 2022.20.19 caused this to happen.
I've heard of WiFi problems from others. The first tip is to check your WiFi system for good coverage and connection. I assume you have that.

My problem was different. The WiFi and LTE worked fine until the car slept. In my testing that was after 30 minutes of not using the app. Then the car would not wake to connect except via Bluetooth.

Maybe your connectivity board has a problem with WiFi.

My MYLR was in Service all day yesterday with the same symptoms. Nothing will wake it other than Bluetooth comms, not including climate.

The estimate said they planned to replace the computer, not the communications card, TLA,AP3.2.CAR.COMP,MY,NA - PROVISIONED(1775000-S0, but the invoice said they found nothing. "Checked and inspected vehicle infotainment Wi-Fi, LTE and Bluetooth system operations found
infotainment system had slow wake up. Ran vehicle diagnosis found there are some connectivity
issues prior to the last over the air firmware update, Perform RAM cache reset and reinstall firmware
per vehicle. Check and inspect vehicle log found no MCU, modem, or CPU hardware faults at this
time. After firmware and RAM cache reset and repeating functions test confirm all functions as
designed at this time."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: adayley
My MYLR was in Service all day yesterday with the same symptoms. Nothing will wake it other than Bluetooth comms, not including climate.

The estimate said they planned to replace the computer, not the communications card, TLA,AP3.2.CAR.COMP,MY,NA - PROVISIONED(1775000-S0, but the invoice said they found nothing. "Checked and inspected vehicle infotainment Wi-Fi, LTE and Bluetooth system operations found
infotainment system had slow wake up. Ran vehicle diagnosis found there are some connectivity
issues prior to the last over the air firmware update, Perform RAM cache reset and reinstall firmware
per vehicle. Check and inspect vehicle log found no MCU, modem, or CPU hardware faults at this
time. After firmware and RAM cache reset and repeating functions test confirm all functions as
designed at this time."
Somewhat disappointing to you, I'm sure.

What has your testing after the service shown? Is the issue gone or, at least, not as bad?

I've heard of WiFi problems from others. The first tip is to check your WiFi system for good coverage and connection. I assume you have that.

My problem was different. The WiFi and LTE worked fine until the car slept. In my testing that was after 30 minutes of not using the app. Then the car would not wake to connect except via Bluetooth.

Maybe your connectivity board has a problem with WiFi.
I also have this weird sleep problem, this was since I got the car (April 2021 (over a year ago)). Many people said that it’d be resolved in a future update, but nothing ever changed, and I still have the same problem to this day. This one thread surprised me that this problem could actually be fixed!
Did tesla resolve your problem over the air, or did they manually have to change something in the car?
I never tried contacting Tesla since I didn’t want them to say that I’ll need to bring in my Tesla to the store (since I’m far).
It would be nice to know how they fixed the problem, because I’m pretty far from a Tesla store.

I can control the car from the app, but I can’t when it goes to sleep. If I have sentry on the app works fine (because the car doesn’t sleep) or if I leave the A/C on when I leave the car. But if the car isn’t doing anything for 20 minutes I can’t control it with the app, unless I physically go up to the car and open the door.

I can control the car from the app, but I can’t when it goes to sleep. If I have sentry on the app works fine (because the car doesn’t sleep) or if I leave the A/C on when I leave the car. But if the car isn’t doing anything for 20 minutes I can’t control it with the app, unless I physically go up to the car and open the door.
You say you are in UAE. Note waking up the car remotely requires 3G/LTE, and in the older version requires the car to receive a text message (not sure how it changed when they transitioned to LTE-only in the phase out in the US). Does your car properly connect to your local LTE network? If not, there is no way for it be waken up via the app. You would have to keep the car awake (most common way car is kept awake is Sentry mode) and connected to Wifi, but that will increase vampire drain (plus not sure if Wifi will eventually shut off).

Did tesla resolve your problem over the air, or did they manually have to change something in the car?
I never tried contacting Tesla since I didn’t want them to say that I’ll need to bring in my Tesla to the store (since I’m far).
It would be nice to know how they fixed the problem, because I’m pretty far from a Tesla store.
The history of the solution is covered in the phone message screenshots. But that is not very accessible. In summary:
- Tesla remote support attempted to fix the problem by changing the file structure or cleaning things up in the firmware.
— This was done over the air.
— This resulted in a small improvement but not a fix.
- The remote support people then agreed that the connectivity module be checked at a Service Center.
- I took the car to the Service Center appointment
— They reported that testing showed the LTE function of the connectivity module (or card) was no working.
— They replaced the connectivity module, solving the problem.
— This was a warranty repair, no cost to me.
— The repair was completed in a few hours, I picked up the car the same day.

You say you are in UAE. Note waking up the car remotely requires 3G/LTE, and in the older version requires the car to receive a text message (not sure how it changed when they transitioned to LTE-only in the phase out in the US). Does your car properly connect to your local LTE network? If not, there is no way for it be waken up via the app. You would have to keep the car awake (most common way car is kept awake is Sentry mode) and connected to Wifi, but that will increase vampire drain (plus not sure if Wifi will eventually shut off).
The connectivity works perfectly, while driving I use Tune In and the Radio. If Sentry mode is on then and I can control the car through app (since the car doesn’t sleep). When parked my car is always connected to my house Wi-Fi. My model 3 is relatively new, I got the 2021 model during April 2021.

The history of the solution is covered in the phone message screenshots. But that is not very accessible. In summary:
- Tesla remote support attempted to fix the problem by changing the file structure or cleaning things up in the firmware.
— This was done over the air.
— This resulted in a small improvement but not a fix.
- The remote support people then agreed that the connectivity module be checked at a Service Center.
- I took the car to the Service Center appointment
— They reported that testing showed the LTE function of the connectivity module (or card) was no working.
— They replaced the connectivity module, solving the problem.
— This was a warranty repair, no cost to me.
— The repair was completed in a few hours, I picked up the car the same day.
What was the small improvement? What made it different in comparison to how it was before? After the physical repair, is everything working completely fine?

I have received my new 2023 M3LR 2 weeks ago
Also having this issue that my app does not wake up the car, I have reset the car with 2 wheels press and then it starts working again for a day or 2 and then now again the app is not waking up the car and can’t see the updated status and can’t change things remotely.

I can’t believe we all have a communication module fault and need a replacement,
Looks like a software bug/issue.

Please anyone update if you have any news about this on your side.

Thanks 🙏🏻

The connectivity works perfectly, while driving I use Tune In and the Radio. If Sentry mode is on then and I can control the car through app (since the car doesn’t sleep). When parked my car is always connected to my house Wi-Fi. My model 3 is relatively new, I got the 2021 model during April 2021.
The radio works on FM, so doesn't require LTE. For TuneIn, are you using the LTE on the car (does your car screen show the 3G or LTE symbol)? If you are connecting via hotspot that may be a different case.

What was the small improvement? What made it different in comparison to how it was before? After the physical repair, is everything working completely fine?

After they remotely reorganized files the car would wake up once in a while and connect to the app. It would work a small minority of the connection attempts. I didn’t bother to characterize the working situation further as I did not consider the problem fixed. It continued to not wake up and not take app commands most of the time.

After the physical repair I have not had any problems connecting via the app.