Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App does not connect since update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The radio works on FM, so doesn't require LTE. For TuneIn, are you using the LTE on the car (does your car screen show the 3G or LTE symbol)? If you are connecting via hotspot that may be a different case.
I’m using my connectivity on my car. It usually says LTE, but sometimes where the connection isn’t great it says 3G. It depends where I am, but at my house it’s LTE.

Somewhat disappointing to you, I'm sure.

What has your testing after the service shown? Is the issue gone or, at least, not as bad?
Sorry for the late reply. I basically forgot about posting, and I wasn't receiving thread notifications.

The issue is still the same as before, and it's actually sitting at the Service Center right now after another round of them telling it's fine. This time, it was scheduled for a connectivity card, but they apparently didn't replace it. They tried to blame it on my phone being too old to run the latest app. Well, it IS a Samsung S8, but my wife's S20 does the same thing. Both phones are running 4.14.4-1455.

Of course, the service center desk is closed now, so I can't talk to them. If they chat back, I'm going to ask if they can try to wake it now, with it still sitting at the service center.

1670282134520.png

Reactions: adayley
Tesla chat says they are able to wake the car remotely. When I tried the app very shortly after that message, I still can't access the car, so maybe it went back to sleep, or maybe they didn't actually try it at that time. If Tesla can wake the car remotely, I think that would mean it's not hardware. I have not seen proof of that, though.

I guess I'm going to pick up the car this morning and ask the service advisors at the desk to see if there is anything to be learned there.

had the issue for the past 5-6 weeks.
finally fixed with 2022.44.2 update
It's funny you say that because while I was at the service center talking to a Technician (more on that in a minute), 2022.44.2 started downloading on mine. My wife and I joked that would probably fix it.

So, I did finally get to talk to a Tech. He showed us their app, saying it was basically the same as our app, but with super privileges. He selected our VIN, said "It will connect... It's being very slow... Let me go check something." After that, he was very open to discussion, and I'm convinced he's going to try to track it down. That was 2 hours ago, and the car is not showing as in service yet.

I'm not sure if the 2022.44.2 download finished, but the car is asleep again now, and I didn't receive notification about new software being ready.

It's funny you say that because while I was at the service center talking to a Technician (more on that in a minute), 2022.44.2 started downloading on mine. My wife and I joked that would probably fix it.

So, I did finally get to talk to a Tech. He showed us their app, saying it was basically the same as our app, but with super privileges. He selected our VIN, said "It will connect... It's being very slow... Let me go check something." After that, he was very open to discussion, and I'm convinced he's going to try to track it down. That was 2 hours ago, and the car is not showing as in service yet.

I'm not sure if the 2022.44.2 download finished, but the car is asleep again now, and I didn't receive notification about new software being ready.
I hope this gets figured out for you. And I'm enjoying the updates.

Reactions: herg
OK, the problem appears to be gone. At minimum, it's working both at home and at work where it has consistently failed over the past month or so. I'm not really sure of the duration. Anyway, it was consistently failing before, and it's not now.

I'm not sure what fixed it. The service center says they replaced the whole computer because they didn't have the connectivity card in stock. The software update had also completed by the time I got the car back, so it really could have been either software or hardware that fixed it.

Reactions: adayley