Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App downloading 2022.12.3.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s an image of what the app looks like while the car is at home, connected to Wi-Fi and the app open. The download process will not stop. The car’s current version is 12.3.1

Attachments

• 28A43EFC-E9A0-444E-BBE7-42FF81E8B917.jpeg
    28A43EFC-E9A0-444E-BBE7-42FF81E8B917.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 558
The Software update within the Tesla app for our MYP repeatedly shows it’s downloading 2022.12.3.2. The download never finishes and deleting/reinstalling the app has no effect. Thoughts??
As a side note, deleting and reinstalling the app never has any effect on how your car downloads and installs a software update. While you can initiate the installation of a previously downloaded software update from the app, it is not the cause or cure of getting the update to install properly.

Thanks for all the replies. I have not done a full reset. I was hoping that wouldn’t be needed, as I don’t want to lose all of our car’s settings.
Uh, that is another false concept. Resetting the car is equivalent to restarting your computer. You don't lose all your software settings when you restart your computer, and likewise you don't lose anything when you reset your car. Not sure where you got that idea that you would lose settings.

Uh, that is another false concept. Resetting the car is equivalent to restarting your computer. You don't lose all your software settings when you restart your computer, and likewise you don't lose anything when you reset your car. Not sure where you got that idea that you would lose settings.
My bad and excuse my ignorance. If resetting the car involves depressing both steering wheel buttons until the display shuts off, I’ve done that a couple of times. This hasn’t solved the problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I’m having a similar issue where the app asks me to install 2022.12.3.7.5. When I click “yes” it goes to “preparing to update” and then stays there for some time, before reverting back to the “software Update Scheduled for [next day, next time]”. It’s been stuck in this loop for a few days now.

I’m having a similar issue where the app asks me to install 2022.12.3.7.5. When I click “yes” it goes to “preparing to update” and then stays there for some time, before reverting back to the “software Update Scheduled for [next day, next time]”. It’s been stuck in this loop for a few days now.
How about going to the car an initiate the installation there. I'm not saying this will fix the problem, yet I have seen a few situations where the app had issues, but worked when doing it in the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
Got back to the car this week, and it turns out the 12V battery needs to be replaced (again...it was just replaced by tesla service three weeks ago), which is why the car will not update (no updates until the battery is replaced). The first battery lasted 1.5 years, second battery less than 3 weeks, hope the third one does better, Geez.