Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App failed to wake up the car. “Vehicle connection error”. Anyone else ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened to me last week when I tried to get into the app to do an update. Luckily it was an one time thing.

Did you try on mobile data as well from your phone?

EDIT: Trying it now (10:18am, it is taking a long time to wake the car up as well)

I have been having the same issue since updating to v28.5 two days ago. If the car is a sleep it doesn't want to wake up with the App. I just tried rebooting the car and the iPhone App. Tried WiFi and LTE. Both failed again. But now after trying two more times the car has finally woken up. I also got a "network timeout" error message from the App just after it woke up.

I've been having issues with connection ever since I bought the car Dec 2018.
Tesla has never been able to fix it.
The only way I found to be able to connect to the car 100% of the time is to leave it on Sentry Mode cause i suppose, it keeps the car awake. Of course the obvious drawback is the power consumption.

Reactions: McFlurri
I have been having a lot of summon issues since the last two software updates. Same thing...connection errors. I don't know what they changed with the detection/signal ...but it is abysmal since they updated the Bluetooth connections for phones.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I have 28.6 and my app won't connect to the car as much as it used to be able to, but I have definitely been having connectivity issues even when I'm at home. It should stay connected to WIFI while in sleep mode, but for some reason it switches to LTE and then it loses connectivity (line thru bars). Only way for it to regain WIFI is for me to go into the car to wake it up from sleep mode and then it'll switch from non-connected LTE to WIFI and then my app will be able to connect to it.

And yes before anyone suggests rebooting the car, I have done that and still have the connectivity issues.

I didn't have any connectivity issues with 28.5 so 28.6 hasn't been a good update to me :( Hoping next update fixes this!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I have 28.6 and my app won't connect to the car as much as it used to be able to, but I have definitely been having connectivity issues even when I'm at home. It should stay connected to WIFI while in sleep mode, but for some reason it switches to LTE and then it loses connectivity (line thru bars). Only way for it to regain WIFI is for me to go into the car to wake it up from sleep mode and then it'll switch from non-connected LTE to WIFI and then my app will be able to connect to it.

And yes before anyone suggests rebooting the car, I have done that and still have the connectivity issues.

I didn't have any connectivity issues with 28.5 so 28.6 hasn't been a good update to me :( Hoping next update fixes this!
Same experience for me since 28.5.

ditto. I thought it was just bad cell reception but happened just after the last update.