Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App is getting 500 server error. Cant connect.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is functioning fine with the fob but has lost track of where it is on nav and on the app and is not connecting properly either. Pretty wild failure. Seemed to happen around when I downloaded the latest iPhone app but it could be a coincidence

Here we go lol , welcome to technology, pure garbage , car has a few months and now the app won’t connect. Funny to read forums with more than a year old when people has hope that it will be resolve with the next “ update” but not , pure bs , reboot the app , reboot the car , nothing fix it , let see tomorrow , welcome to the world of “ rebooting “ what a joke .
Owned 3 Teslas for over 3 years now. Can say it has been up 99.9999% No reason to bitch and complain

always do. Used it once. coming back to the car from biking I left the phone on the dash while putting my bike on the rack etc. Then a friend came along and we yapped awhile. The phone overheated and shutdown for awhile to cool off. Had to use the card to go home.

So how come some folks say they are “stranded”? I have the error message yet I just started my Y and drove it around the block. Still confused.
People think if they can’t wake the app up that they can’t unlock/drive the car. They don’t realize the phone connects in two different ways (key w Bluetooth, remote activities over wifi) and they don’t even try. ive read a couple of posts where people got car delivered today and jist sit there and watch it in their driveway cause they think its bricked.

Owned 3 Teslas for over 3 years now. Can say it has been up 99.9999% No reason to bitch and complain

Agreed 100%.

Owned a Model 3 for 2 years and now a Model Y for 1.5 months. This has only happened once before, but we didn't get a 'server 500 error" message back then. It was fixed within the day, just like this one, which maybe was hours? I also carry my black card in my wallet, so it was a non issue today and back then.

So 410 days of ownership, 9,840 hours....App/servers have been down for me personally, for a total of 2-3 hours, maybe?

So 99.9997% uptime for me (I did the math). Man, Tesla technology so unreliable and flaky!

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
Thank you for the comments and feedback. I have wasted HOURS with Tesla service/support who decided I needed a new firmware update. I cannot believe Elon is letting these dummies in the stores answer support questions when they no less than I do about how things work. I was promised a firmware update at 5PMET, 2 hours later and after forcing the system to reboot. After 2 hours of letting the install run, and replacing the iOS app, I am back up. I do not believe the outage was caused by a server today. I've been going thru this for 2 days. Bottom line, Tesla service SUCKS. The only people who know anything are in Cali, and the local "techs" follow their instructions - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. And my car is a 2021 Model Y, barely 9 months old and with 7,421 miles on the odometer. So once again, thanks for sharing your experiences. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans.

Thank you for the comments and feedback. I have wasted HOURS with Tesla service/support who decided I needed a new firmware update. I cannot believe Elon is letting these dummies in the stores answer support questions when they no less than I do about how things work. I was promised a firmware update at 5PMET, 2 hours later and after forcing the system to reboot. After 2 hours of letting the install run, and replacing the iOS app, I am back up. I do not believe the outage was caused by a server today. I've been going thru this for 2 days. Bottom line, Tesla service SUCKS. The only people who know anything are in Cali, and the local "techs" follow their instructions - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. And my car is a 2021 Model Y, barely 9 months old and with 7,421 miles on the odometer. So once again, thanks for sharing your experiences. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans.

Well it doesn't matter what you believe. It was server a issue, Elon confirmed it. Did you not notice the 100s of posts of everyone coming in at the same exact time as the server issue occurred?

Wow salty guy. You’re just pissed because you wasted your own time instead of googling. Of course it was a server failure. Also your model Y uses Bluetooth for local stuff (locks and trunk etc) so nothing really was affected. Here in the UK I didn’t have remote features but it was Ok. Tesla community needs negative, incorrect and unhappy people like you like a hole in the head.

Reactions: EVMeister
Here we go lol , welcome to technology, pure garbage , car has a few months and now the app won’t connect. Funny to read forums with more than a year old when people has hope that it will be resolve with the next “ update” but not , pure bs , reboot the app , reboot the car , nothing fix it , let see tomorrow , welcome to the world of “ rebooting “ what a joke .
in 2.5 years of owning a Tesla this is the first time that I've had any problem connecting via the app. During that same period I've had several DOZEN power outages (one lasting several days) and even more internet outages. So I guess the power and internet companies are "pure garbage" too.

Reactions: Spuzzz