Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of the blue, my wife and my app on our iphone 11 just stopped working. Did not update the phones, nothing changed except we were kicked out of the app. When we tried to sign back in it wouldn't accept our password. I could sign in on the website with the password, but not the phone. The error on the app said "SIGN IN FAILED- Server did not return expected authentication parameters Please try again later." Well, I've tried again later, deleted and reinstalled the app. Changed my password. Nothing changes the error message. I've officially run out of ideas. I'm thinking it has to be an app issue, since I can sign in on my computer to the Tesla website no problem.

So, if anyone actually has this error, this is how I fixed it. I just kept trying to sign in. After about the 12th attempt it accepted my sign in and I was all good. So I can't explain how that is a fix, just brute force and ignorance. I'm not sure if any of the other things I did helped, but I also removed my phone from the vehicle as a key as well. But I still had to sign in 12 times before it worked. So, good luck out there.