TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App Locking Doors, Charging Rate, Customizing Buttons?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by KMullen, Jul 9, 2018.

1. KMullen

KMullen Member

Due to the fragile state of the frunk I am more apt to use the trunk. How can I get this as a main button on the top of the app instead of the frunk?

Why can't I lock my doors even if the trunk is open? Yes I realize it would not be as secure....

Why can't I change my charging rate in the app and set time of day charging rather doing it within the car?

Why can't one set the charging rate for different times of the day? During night charge at 10 amps but during the day charge at 40?

How can I close the vents for the front passenger?

Why doesn't it have a heated steering wheel?

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

While I hate answering this way, I don't think that there is any better answers.

Due to the fragile state of the frunk I am more apt to use the trunk. How can I get this as a main button on the top of the app instead of the frunk?
    You wait for the feature to be added. Have you created a Bug Report?

Why can't I lock my doors even if the trunk is open? Yes I realize it would not be as secure....
    This is definitely a security feature. It keeps you from leaving a single door unlocked. Most cars are the same way.
    Why can't I change my charging rate in the app and set time of day charging rather doing it within the car?
    Because the feature is not currently there.
    Why can't one set the charging rate for different times of the day? During night charge at 10 amps but during the day charge at 40?
    Because the feature is not currently there.
    How can I close the vents for the front passenger?
    I believe that you can push the temperature to an extreme. But I recommend leaving them open, as it helps distribute air through the cabin.
    Why doesn't it have a heated steering wheel?
    Because the feature was not implemented.

I'm sorry with the terse answers, but what are you really expecting the answers to be? "Yes, you can get the trunk on the front panel of the app by hitting the super duper secret 14 button combination and reconfigure the app anyway that you want to."

• Funny x 1
  3. KMullen

KMullen Member

Not all apps aar made the sasa. I should have posted that I am using Android. Sometimes Android is left out in some apps. Perhaps a setting menu or drag and drop feature that I was missing.

I have not submitted a bug report as I didn't think it was a bug.

Looking at some other posts, people say there is no such vent shutoff feature and to use duct tape. Wonderful!

4. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

Turn the climate control off, lower fan speed, or alter the width of the vent. You can also adjust whether the vent blows in all directions or limited...owners manual talks about this.