Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App login issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really truly honestly hate to be "that guy"... However, I saw a blip on my newsfeed about AT&T having some bizarre service disruptions over the last couple days. Our cars connect through AT&T, and some have stated that it worked fine while their car was on WiFi, so I wonder if that had something to do with it also? I'm not saying that's the only thing, as others have pointed out when the masses were having issues, the API's were unable to function, which would point to Tesla's servers. I'm just wondering if for some of the stragglers which are still having issues, if it wasn't to do with whatever blip I saw on AT&T service disruptions.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I have been having this problem off-and-on for a few days (though I just took delivery on Friday evening). I can't seem to access my car at the moment.

More severely, amidst these issues: My wife, using my account, logged in on Sunday evening with her iPhone app and saw someone's white Model X in Langley, BC rather than our own Model S in the Seattle area. We could, at least according to the app, flash the lights, honk the horn etc. We did so (once each) hoping they would notice and check the various Tesla forums for just this message. I can't imagine if a more malicious person got access and could use the app to summon the vehicle...

I have a screenshot of this - I'll post it later when I get home (and after I redact the owner's exact address, which we could also see).

Sorry about the delay - here's the image I mentioned. The quality is low because it was on my wife's iPhone and I didn't know how to take a screenshot (I'm an Android user); I just took a picture with my phone. Again, this isn't my car - I have a MS 90D... in Seattle, not Langley, BC. I was (according to the app) able to flash this MX's lights and honk the horn.

OneDrive Image Link

Sorry about the delay - here's the image I mentioned. The quality is low because it was on my wife's iPhone and I didn't know how to take a screenshot (I'm an Android user); I just took a picture with my phone. Again, this isn't my car - I have a MS 90D... in Seattle, not Langley, BC. I was (according to the app) able to flash this MX's lights and honk the horn.

OneDrive Image Link

Have you reported this to Tesla?

My Tesla's cellular signal is intermittently dropping. Just a slash going through the signal strength indicator and I have to reset the MCU to resolve the problem. Occurred twice so far...Anyone else experienced this before? First time this is happening to me.

My Tesla's cellular signal is intermittently dropping. Just a slash going through the signal strength indicator and I have to reset the MCU to resolve the problem. Occurred twice so far...Anyone else experienced this before? First time this is happening to me.
Not sure if this is related, since I did not check the signal strength. However, this morning, for the first time (I've had the car for 3 1/2 months), my nav did not show traffic information, only the map.

Not sure if this is related, since I did not check the signal strength. However, this morning, for the first time (I've had the car for 3 1/2 months), my nav did not show traffic information, only the map.
Had our Tesla S 75 since May 19, 2016 and when I notice no traffic information on the Nav Map, I press down on the two wheels on the steering wheel to reboot the system. That has cleared that issue every time.