Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App not connecting to car after 10.60.3.1 update / WiFi issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the 10.69.3.1 update, my Tesla app (on Android) stopped connecting to my car. It almost always say "Last seen xxx minutes/hours ago". Also, in the car, when I go to "Controls" (car icon in left bottom) > "Upgrades", it says "Service Unavailable." So it's a general connectivity issue. After much debugging, I found that if I turn off WiFi in the car so that I'm connected via LTE, the problem goes away. The app connects fine, and the "upgrades" screen operates properly. My WiFi connection is medium strength, so I don't think it's a problem w/ the WiFi signal itself. Note that when you turn off WiFi in the car, it stays off only temporarily. I had to make it forget my WiFi network in order to keep it disconnected. My next step is to connect to a friend's WiFi network to see if it is an issue specific to my network, but won't be able to do that for awhile. Has anybody else had this issue after updating to 10.69.3.1?

After the 10.69.3.1 update, my Tesla app (on Android) stopped connecting to my car. It almost always say "Last seen xxx minutes/hours ago". Also, in the car, when I go to "Controls" (car icon in left bottom) > "Upgrades", it says "Service Unavailable." So it's a general connectivity issue. After much debugging, I found that if I turn off WiFi in the car so that I'm connected via LTE, the problem goes away. The app connects fine, and the "upgrades" screen operates properly. My WiFi connection is medium strength, so I don't think it's a problem w/ the WiFi signal itself. Note that when you turn off WiFi in the car, it stays off only temporarily. I had to make it forget my WiFi network in order to keep it disconnected. My next step is to connect to a friend's WiFi network to see if it is an issue specific to my network, but won't be able to do that for awhile. Has anybody else had this issue after updating to 10.69.3.1?
I am having the same problem after updating. Not sure what to do here. Have thrown out the app and reinstalled and nada.

I am having the same problem after updating. Not sure what to do here. Have thrown out the app and reinstalled and nada.
So if you turn off WiFi in your car (you have to forget network, as turning off wiFi seems to stay off only for a short period of time), so that you're connected LTE, then your problem goes away, as it does for me? And it started happening when you got updated to 10.69.3.1 (FSD Beta) -- or did it start happening suddenly for no reason? I thought it was 10.69.3.1 related (2022-36-20), because the same issue happened when my son got updated to the same release. But my son was on my WiFi when it happened. Since we've tested, and when either of us are on different WiFi networks, the problem does not occur. So Apparently there is something specific w/ my WiFi network causing this. But all my other devices work fine on the network. My Router/Modem is one supplied by Xfinity/Comcast. The P/N (part number?) on the tag is CGM4140COM. It's their xFi modem/router. Alternative name: XFINITY XB6. A few months ago I turned off the 5GHz radio on it so that all my devices would connect 2.4GHz, because 2.4 has more range (even tho slower) and many devices would try to use 5GHz when too far away. On this modem you can't do separate SIDs (network names) for 2.4 and 5.0. My only SID (SkyNet) broadcast both - so couldn't tell the device (be it phone or car) which one to connect to, so I just had to turn off 5GHz on the modem. I tried rebooting router/modem, and that didn't help. My next step will be to re-enable 5GHz. I doubt that will help. I want to get my own router to avoid the $14/mo fee from Xfinity anyway, so I'll try a new modem too. I'll post back here with updates.