TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App not connecting?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Dexterryu, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Member

I went into my app for the first time in a little while (almost a month) and noticed that it won't connect to the car. The key functionality works just fine, it just won't update the cars location and/or allow me to use any of the controls.

Any chance it has something to do with the outage in early Sept? If so is there a fix? Rebooting the app/phone hasn't worked. Maybe I need to reboot the car?

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Logout from your Tesla account in the app and log back in again.

• Informative x 1
  3. JBT66

JBT66 Member

Mine had been busted since the 21st but still unlocked the car. The Stats app worked as well.
    Logging out and back in resolved the issue.

4. Faksnima

Faksnima Member

Tried that. Didn’t work. It is just stuck on connecting.

5. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Member

Fixed the issue for me. Not sure why it didn't occur to me to try this. Thanks

• Like x 1
  6. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Thanks, this worked for me as well. Funny thing is I had connected yesterday (9/24), yet when I tried to open it this morning it was saying last refreshed 9/22.

• Like x 1
  7. HyperionMark

HyperionMark Member

Yep, worked for me. Only problem is, how does someone know if it is just their app or a system wide issue? If it's a system wide issue then you definitely don't want to log out because you won't be able to log back in and will obviously lose key functionality. Plan going forward for me is A. never log out on trips B. only log out if the app has been down for more than a day C. always carry key card