Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App - not displaying car name

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ongoing issue with the Tesla app not displaying the name of my Model 3 (showing as a 5 digit number) the app does however display the name of my wife’s car.

Double checked and the car is definitely named and displays this in the car.

Very minor stuff I know, but wondering if anyone has had similar issues and knows how to resolve?

Ongoing issue with the Tesla app not displaying the name of my Model 3 (showing as a 5 digit number) the app does however display the name of my wife’s car.

Very minor stuff I know, but wondering if anyone has had similar issues and knows how to resolve?
Try going into app settings and deselect/select the car again. That might sort it

Reactions: dboyo

I’m having a strange issue with my new Y. First gave it the name Patsy to see the Monty Python Easter egg, then changed to “quietly confident”. The app and car show the correct name but notifications from the app show Patsy, and third party apps such as ABRP also show Patsy. so I think this is some sync issue server side and hope it gets fixed in an update…