Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App not working

Corvallis

Mar 1, 2021
Oregon
I've seen this problem here before but not sure how to solve it. My husband got a new iPhone 11 and suddenly neither of us can access the Tesla app. It won't let us sign in and does not recognize us. I've read to uninstall and reinstall the app but I've also seen not to do that. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
access the car with a car card, then check that the new phone is registered as a key.
Replacing the phone will mean deleting the key registration of the old phone and adding a new one

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Using a computer, try to login to your Tesla account. Assuming that you're entering your credentials correctly using your iPhone, if you can't get in through the phone app, I'm betting that you won't be able to get in using a computer. At least, that's the case most of the time. There are times that I'm not able to login using my phone but can login with the computer, but such outages are rare and don't last long when they do occur.

If you are unable to login to your Tesla account by using a computer, you should go through the password recovery process. Once you are finally able to login to your Tesla account using your computer, try to do the same from the phone app. I'm betting you'll be able to get in.

Let us know how it goes... if you're still not able to get in, there are a few other things to try... this just happens to be first in line.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Got in via computer but still not able to on phone.
1. Open "Bluetooth" on your iPhone. Next to the Tesla Model 3 entry, click the little blue 'i' icon. On the resulting page, click the "Forget this device" button.

2. Press and hold on the Tesla app icon, and select "Remove app." You might then get an option that says something about deleting the data associated with the app. Select that option.

3. Re-install the Tesla app.

4. Setup the application with your Tesla credentials, and re-pair the phone to use as a phone key, as per Tesla's instructions.

Let us know if you're still not able to login to your Tesla account using the Tesla phone app.

Ever since the last iPhone app version update, it appears that bad things can happen if you don't leave the Tesla app running on your phone all the time. Avoid force quitting the Tesla app.... just leave it running in the background all the time.

Corvallis

Mar 1, 2021
Oregon
Wonderful that works for my husband's phone thsnk you but mine is still not accepting my log in credentials. I did the same thing only I have a Samsung S20 phone.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Wonderful that works for my husband's phone thsnk you but mine is still not accepting my log in credentials. I did the same thing only I have a Samsung S20 phone.
Make sure you are using the latest version of the Tesla app on your phone.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC