Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Notifications on Apple Watch and iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have all apps up to date and on my Apple Watch I can't get sound or haptics when a notification comes in.
It is set to mirror my iPhone which has those settings toggled on.

I do get a big notification on the watch that gives me some detail of it, but if I'm not glancing at it when it comes in then I miss it and get the red dot.
Anyone know if sound and haptics are supported for the Tesla app?

Also on the subject of notifications, I'm not sure if they sound on my iPhone as the phone is mainly locked
The notifications I do get just stay Tesla...no details.
I just changed the notifications to show previews (always) so that might help on that and turned grouping off so that they will also show one under the other and not on top.
I think that might fix that issue.

Any help with notifications in the iPhone and Apple Watch area?

The Notification settings on the iPhone will determine how the Tesla app handles notifications on both the phone and the watch. It shouldn't be any different for the Tesla app than other other iPhone apps.

That said, I find that sometimes I don't get notifications from the Tesla app when I should (on any device), so I think the app is quirky.

Sounds about right.

I was on my phone and didn't get the cabin overheat notification in the afternoon but I got another notification later on on my watch and phone but no sounds or haptics on either. My wife doesn't get sound or haptics on her iPhone either. We both get sounds for all other apps.

So I guess this is a Tesla App issue.

I get sounds and haptics for all other apps that I have notifications set for.

It is not the equipment it is defiantly software related
If you're using an iPhone, each app has its own notification settings. Check the settings for your Tesla app in iOS Settings and make sure sounds are turned on there. I would assume this is something handled by the OS, not the individual apps, but I'm not certain.