TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

App Notifications

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by DrivingRockies, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DrivingRockies

My app, as well as my wife's and one other phone, no longer receive notifications. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have reset the touchscreen, and called Tesla Tech Support with no luck. Any ideas? (Tech support said they would add a note to my account...)

Notifications include supercharging complete, almost complete and summon started that I know aren't working.

2. odguy

odguy Member

Same thing happened to me 3 days ago (on model S). Not the first time this happened either. Please keep us posted if it works again for you.

• Like x 1
  3. BlueRocket

BlueRocket S90D HW2

I noticed the same thing recently with my Model S. I no longer get any charging notifications including at superchargers. Hoping this is temporary and on the Tesla server side. Tried reinstalling app but that did not fix it.

• Like x 1
  4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Elementary as it sounds, did everyone check your notifications settings page in the app to see if they had simply been unselected? Its happened before.

5. DrivingRockies

Cannot unselected supercharge notifications. But I turned all of the optional ones on.

6. BlueRocket

BlueRocket S90D HW2

Checked and rechecked

7. DrivingRockies

I've checked daily for nearly a week... Haha

8. rpez021

rpez021 Supporting Member

I've been getting notifications anywhere from 1 hour to 12 hours later. But no immediate notifications.

9. DrivingRockies

Mine did start working again. I submitted a bug report through the car, as well as though tech support. Don't know if that is what did it or not.

10. HookBill

HookBill Member

Mine just notified me 16 hours after charging actually took place. Who said you can never relive the past?

• Funny x 1
  11. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Yup, I too started having this issue yesterday. Sounds like a common problem, probably on their servers.

12. Joe F

Joe F FUD Buster

Misery loves company. Thought I broke something yesterday. Took 14 hours to get charge start/stop notifications.

13. HookBill

HookBill Member

You would think that all those Tesla employees (mgmt/non-mgmt) would have already noticed this and brought it immediately to IT's attention. I would assume EM uses this app also. ;)

• Like x 1
  14. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

That's what gets me about so many of these issues. Don't the employees feel our pain? :D

15. HookBill

HookBill Member

My notification worked as originally designed today. Anyone else?

16. DrivingRockies

Mine started about 2 days ago.

17. violinist22

violinist22 Member

After the update, my notifications did not work for a couple of days, but after that everything was back to normal.

18. dprisoner

dprisoner Member

I had delayed notification on iOS 11 (dev build) on the version prior to the current one. Like charging would end at 01:48 and I'd get the notification at 11:09. Current version is back to normal.