Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App question/wish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I locked my phone and key in the car the very first day, I had to download the app on my wife's phone so that I could get in. That was great, however, I was not aware until then that the app shows the location of where your car is parked. This is our 10th year anniversary and I am in the middle of planning a few things, which require me to go out at odd hours to meet with planners and venue people; I want to hide my location during these trips from the app so that she does not see it by accident. As such, how do you disable the parking location in the app for a phone that isn't yours? Or, is there a way to remotely boot her phone off the app so that she has to log in again? I did not give her the password yet and until our anniversary, I will not. Finally, if none of these features exist, is there anything on the horizon that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance!

You can disable app access altogether by going into the "Security" section in the car's menu. Tap on the gear icon on the top right when you're there to see the mobile access toggle. Phone bluetooth unlock will still work, just be aware that you won't be able to access other functions such as remote lock/unlock from the app until you enable it again.

You can disable app access altogether by going into the "Security" section in the car's menu. Tap on the gear icon on the top right when you're there to see the mobile access toggle. Phone bluetooth unlock will still work, just be aware that you won't be able to access other functions such as remote lock/unlock from the app until you enable it again.
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow.

This doesn't have to be difficult.

You can just change the password via the web site, which will log everyone out. Or you can just casually grab her phone, open the app, click the "Settings" icon (gear), click Sign Out, and put the phone back down like nothing happened. Nothing at all!

Of course, if you're secretive about where you are, she might think you're having an affair!