Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Question (With Car Stuck at Delivery Center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still haven't been able to take it home yet though I accepted delivery on Thursday (they're fixing a paint chip and other complaints). I noticed I can connect to the car from home. The battery was at 99% on Thursday night upon checking and this evening is at 96%. When I select "Charging," how can I confirm whether the car is plugged in or not? I just want to make sure they're not unnecessarily flooding the battery with electrons. I'm actually taking the reduction in power from one day to the next as good news that the car is not being flooded.

Last edited:
Still haven't been able to take it home yet though I accepted delivery on Thursday (they're fixing a paint chip and other complaints). I noticed I can connect to the car from home. The battery was at 99% on Thursday night upon checking and this evening is at 96%. When I select "Charging," how can I confirm whether the car is plugged in or not? I just want to make sure they're not unnecessarily flooding the battery with electrons. I'm actually taking the reduction in power from one day to the next as good news that the car is not being flooded.
Picture of car in app will show charging cord attached if it is attached. Can also set charge limit at 90% so it’s not topped off at 100%.

• Informative
Reactions: vinnie97
I assume the 3 is the same as the S and X where the picture of the car is totally different. As was said the cable is shown attached but you also see the front quarter when not attached vs the rear quarter and the open charging port when it is. So it’s totally obvious when the car is plugged in as soon as you open up the app.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: vinnie97