Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App redesign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the better use of space, but I honestly don't want my trunk / frunk to open with a single tap.
While we don't have a key fob, things like unlocking or opening the trunk / frunk should not be as easy to do as with a keyfob. If I press a keyfob on accident while away from the vehicle nothing happens, if I open my frunk on accident (pocket dial etc) while on vacation from the app, that is going to be a BIG problem.

Reactions: SMAlset
Is that really true? I will have to try that. I always thought the F/Trunk were opened via a Bluetooth connection. While the app is still trying to connect to the car via WiFi or whatever I have no trouble opening doors and flaps so I assumed that was via the other connection.

-Randy

I like the better use of space, but I honestly don't want my trunk / frunk to open with a single tap.
While we don't have a key fob, things like unlocking or opening the trunk / frunk should not be as easy to do as with a keyfob. If I press a keyfob on accident while away from the vehicle nothing happens, if I open my frunk on accident (pocket dial etc) while on vacation from the app, that is going to be a BIG problem.
That's my concern with this proposal as well. Good design does NOT imply that all actions should be easy to perform. Some risky operations need to be protected.

Reactions: Glamisduner
That should change in the car as well. When you get in the car, if ANY seat heater is on, all occupied seats should start heating. Then as you warm up adjusting the seatheat changes it for everyone, just like the thermostat. And just like that, you should be able to make changes to individual seats as an offset of the master setting or just individually. Thus if she notices she is getting warm and adjusts the temp down it benefits me as I would likely be about to feel that my seat is too hot too. I am always happier with a warmer butt than she is so if her offset was one tick down from mine we could adjust together. But if the weirdo in the back is still cold they can adjust to high temp individually.

-Randy