TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App reported interior temp number

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by mattack4000, Mar 4, 2018.

1. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

is it me or the app seems to be reporting a very high interior tempature number? I assume the sensor is in the slot behind the cup holder? Thanks

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Are you seeing the temp from when the car shut down? It’s not active 24/7 unless you turn the clinate system on.

3. Need

Need Active Member

Ah. :p That explains why I saw some 75 degree in the morning on the app when it was like 45 degree outside LOL. I was thinking.. my garage must be super insulated...

4. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Wait what is the temp I see when I get into the app? Outside temp?

5. Need

Need Active Member

The last temperature the car read before the climate control turned off?

6. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

I think you guys are wrong on this it’s definitely updating every time you run the app

7. Stasla

Stasla Member

It does update, but there's a delay, followed by an adjustment. For instance, when I open the app in the AM I would see say 45° as cabin temp, when I turn on climate - after a few secs I see it drop to 37° and defrost mode engage.

8. Need

Need Active Member

Maybe I didn't wait long enough? In the morning, I usually open the app to see if the car charged overnight (I have scheduled charging), and when I look at the temp, it would be like 75 or even higher. My garage in the morning is around 50; it has very little insulation. Maybe the cabin climate control runs while the car is charging overnight?