Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App request to set the temperature in the car to a certain setting at a specific time of day.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone requested to have the Tesla App set the temperature in the car to a certain setting at a specific time of day instead of Manually having to do it before you walk to the car. Like when you leave from work set the temperature to 70 degrees and also maybe be able to choose what days of the week, as well.

You may be able to do this with Scheduled Departure, set within the Charging screen in the Tesla vehicle (Scheduled Departure settings are not available through the Tesla app.) Normally you set Scheduled Departure to coincide with the time you leave home in the a.m. either Monday through Friday or every day. Currently you can only set one scheduled departure time. I believe you could set the scheduled departure time to be in the p.m. (You can set whether scheduled departure preconditioning happens even when the Tesla is not plugged in.)

I use Stats to preheat my Y when I go to my scheduled gym appointments. I need to leave my house at 7am Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I programmed Stats to preheat at 6:50am on those days only.

Worked great throughout this last cold winter.

You can use the Scheduled Departure to precondition the car by a set time, even without being plugged in. I found that works best for me, but you can't adjust it from your phone at all, except for the 3rd party app methods the others are suggesting.