Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App shows wrong vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla app just recently started displaying information about someone else's car. It shows where it's located, the VIN number, mileage, charging status, everything you would expect to see in your app...but it's not my vehicle. I noticed it after my car was at the dealer for service, but maybe that's a coincidence. Has anyone experienced this and know how I can get my own vehicle information back?

My Tesla app just recently started displaying information about someone else's car. It shows where it's located, the VIN number, mileage, charging status, everything you would expect to see in your app...but it's not my vehicle. I noticed it after my car was at the dealer for service, but maybe that's a coincidence. Has anyone experienced this and know how I can get my own vehicle information back?
You should call Tesla service ASAP. Someone is probably seeing your car in their app and I suspect they could drive it away if they wanted to.

I have a similar problem - a dealer out of state put my car's VIN into their service app and now my car (which is sitting in my garage, 2000 miles away from the dealer) is "in service". The app won't let me do anything and if I call Tesla, they tell me to use the app. :mad::mad::mad: