Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App stuck in service mode after servicing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having my 2014 model S serviced when I got it home I found the Tesla app is stuck in service mode. I have tried restarting the app, logging in and out of the app and reinstalling the app all to no avail. Every Tesla number I called directs me to making a service appointment with the app. This I cannot do since you can’t schedule a service appointment when the app is locked into service mode. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My nearest Tesla service location is over an hours drive away. It seems nuts to have to drive back there to have them take it out of service mode. My model S is up-to-date with all software updates.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?
If I need service again while I’m on the road I’m going to be in great difficulty because I won’t be able to schedule any!

Yes, I did. After I explained the situation, he connected me to some service number which promptly said “we are currently closed” and then it just hung up on me. I will try again later but I would love to know if there is some trick I can use to get out of this.

Yes, I did. After I explained the situation, he connected me to some service number which promptly said “we are currently closed” and then it just hung up on me. I will try again later but I would love to know if there is some trick I can use to get out of this.

I don’t think there is, at least not for us mere mortals. Persistence can pay off, as can trying multiple solutions at once. Maybe try roadside assistance again (and again if necessary) but also start driving towards your service center?

Good luck!

Bruce.

PS. If you’re really in Concord, CA per your profile there are multiple service centers closer than an hour to you, like Vallejo, Berkeley, or Dublin. Not sure which ones are open on Saturdays.

I don’t think there is, at least not for us mere mortals. Persistence can pay off, as can trying multiple solutions at once. Maybe try roadside assistance again (and again if necessary) but also start driving towards your service center?

Good luck!

Bruce.

PS. If you’re really in Concord, CA per your profile there are multiple service centers closer than an hour to you, like Vallejo, Berkeley, or Dublin. Not sure which ones are open on Saturdays.
Thanks. I live in Concord but I am currently staying in the Sierra foothills.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
I saw a demo of this on YouTube. The guy picked up his car and discovered it was in service mode and cleared it being no where near an SC. He tried to re-enter service mode and could not do so.

Maybe its different on a model S (I wouldnt know because I dont have one), but on both the model 3 and Y, if you have a firmware version 2022.16.3 or later, you can get into service mode without being at the SC (or at least you could about 5 days ago when I tested with both my model 3 and Y in my garage).

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke and ATPMSD