Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App takes forever to connect to car

On our MYLR, the phone key will not work after the car has been sleeping all night. The solution for us is to tap the Tesla phone app and wait (20-30 sec.) for the connection to be made. Once that's done, the phone key now works properly throughout the day.
I've noticed exactly the same thing, and I use that same workaround - wake the car up via the app before going out to the car.

My issue seems to be only when connected to WiFi in my garage. Super strong signal but while at home I tend to have to force quit the app and still wait for the car to pop up so I can adjust charge setting and or climate etc.

If the car is outside on the cellular network it pops up right away. It makes me continually question my signal in the garage but my phone while inside the car and garage has full bars and downloads fast etc.

Very frustrating to say the least.

No one mentioned whether or not they de-installed the app then re-installed. I know with apps in general, if you simply upgrade it without a delete/install, they can get a bit wonky.
I guess, but I never had that issue. Not sure what the issue is with some folks. The latest app seems to connect to my MX in about 10 seconds or less.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC