Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App that lists EV charging hotels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of the EV charging apps filter by "lodging/hotel"? (ie hotels you'd charge at while staying overnight, which for roadtripping seems like a really basic question)? And if not, why the F not? Seems like a very very obvious and relatively easy function, no?

I sent the suggestion to at least three of the major apps over a year ago - actually what I asked for was a way to find hotels near chargers. That is pretty much what I am looking for every time I use those things.

I got a couple of responses saying it was a good idea, but nothing beyond that. Maybe requests from more users would help.

i've requested a similar from trip advisor, you can filter by green hotels, but you can't look for ones with EV chargers.

I don't just want a hotel with an EV charger, I also want to be able to know if it is a good hotel without needing another app, personally.

Sure, that would be nice. But does Trip Advisor show hotels on a map the way a charging app would? Yes I want a nice hotel, but I'm at least as concerned about mapping out a route that makes sense, and I'm not sure trip advisor is set up to do that.

But yes, if they had the functionality it'd be great too.

Ps - I just left feedback to the big charging apps, for whatever its worth.

Tesla gave us 2 chargers for our resort and paid to have them installed. Get about 60 miles an hour when charging. Make a suggestion to the hotel/resort.
Tesla chargerWeb.jpg
What an amazing company! Audi and Bosch have nothing on Tesla!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another photo-
Tesla Charger2web.jpg

Do any of the EV charging apps filter by "lodging/hotel"? (ie hotels you'd charge at while staying overnight, which for roadtripping seems like a really basic question)? And if not, why the F not? Seems like a very very obvious and relatively easy function, no?

I made a suggestion for this to TripAdvisor.com some two years ago. The suggestion inspired the expected anti-EV sentiment in several replies. You can see what was said here: Help us make TripAdvisor better! Forum: Electric Vehicle Charging at Hotels and Restaurants.

TripAdvisor.com really does seem like the best place for such information.

Last edited:
Plugshare can filter to show only hotels when you view the site from the Tesla browser. They haven't implemented that on other platforms yet, but if you want to plan ahead from your computer you can go to tesla.plugshare.com and it will display the site as the car browser does. Click the settings icon and under "other filters" check "hotels only".