Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App to remind me to take my iPhone from car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I keep leaving my iPhone in the car (two sticky notes on the dashboard doesn't seem to be doing the job).
Is there a reliable iPhone app that will alert Apple Watch if iPhone is out of distance that you'd recommend?
Thanks!

One of my (many) suggestions for Tesla would be to have the car beep if the driver's door is opened and closed and the mobile phone using PhoneKey is still in the car, if there's no one sitting in the driver's seat. Really wish Tesla had a suggestion box.

Reactions: Transformer
This is something Apple should implement
Agreed, but my Toyota Camry (bought 2007) used to yell at me if I left the keys in the car. There's no difference between leaving a key fob in the car, and a PhoneKey
If it made sense for Toyota to put this feature in place 15 years ago, there's no reason why a more modern (smarter) car shouldn't have this feature.
I've left my iPhone in car numerous times (including this morning...and it wasn't fun walking back to car in the aftermath of Elsa)

Last edited:
Reactions: RNHurt
Agreed, but my Toyota Camry (bought 2007) used to yell at me if I left the keys in the car. There's no difference between leaving a key fob in the car, and a PhoneKey
If it made sense for Toyota to put this feature in place 15 years ago, there's no reason why a more modern (smarter) car shouldn't have this feature.
I've left my iPhone in car numerous times (including this morning...and it wasn't fun walking back to car in the aftermath of Elsa)
My wife’s Audi Q5 sprout back announces when you leave the phone on the built in charger! It says so rependedly when you open the door so you don’t forget the phone. Tesla NEEDS this!

Yup. Saw that. At best there will be a few second delay a you walk away from your phone.
my ancient Camry prevented you from locking your car and beeped as soon as you shut the door

Still don’t know why technology available 15 years ago in cars, isn’t included here.

Apparently it will be part of iOS15
I can confirm I’m running iOS 15 beta and corresponding watch OS and I do get notifications when I leave my phone behind.

Just yesterday I received a notification on my watch showing as “time sensitive” which informed me I had left my iPhone somewhere, I had left it in the car! It took about 2 minutes for me to receive the alert once my watch connected to wifi(I dont have the celular one)

Reactions: Iain
Yup. Saw that. At best there will be a few second delay a you walk away from your phone.
my ancient Camry prevented you from locking your car and beeped as soon as you shut the door

Still don’t know why technology available 15 years ago in cars, isn’t included here.
If forgetting the phone is that much of an issue you also have the choice of leaving your phone in your pocket so you don't forget it it.
Or use the key fob and leave that in your pocket
Or use the keycard
Lots of options :)
Personally I'm glad we don't have those stupid alarms blaring at me when I deliberately leave the phone in the car.

My Galaxy Watch alerts when it's disconnected from my phone. Doesn't the Apple Watch have something similar?
yes, that's exactly what I posted