Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

APP v4 on Old iOS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an old iPad running an old iOS that cannot be updated to anything above iOS 10. I’ve been running v3.10 of the Tesla APP as I prefer v3 UI. This version is now starting to have issues.

When I tried to update it says it not compatible with the older iOS but will still let me update. Should I update? If I do and it doesn’t work I won’t be able to go back. Has anyone else had success running v4 on older iOS

Looking at the app itself (the tesla app) in the app store, it says "requires iOS 13 or later". So, I would not update the app on that device even if it lets you, since the owner of the app says it requires an iOS version much later than what you have or can put on that device.
Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 1.11.59 PM.jpg

Is the iPad the only device you use for the Tesla app? If not, leave it alone and put the newer app on your other device. You might be having issues now, but if you install the new app on your old iPad and it doesn’t work at all, you’ll be worse off

As @ucmndd wrote, yes, I think it is well beyond time to move on. For your own online safety, I think that it is time to upgrade your phone.

To me, being that far behind security updates is like browsing the internet with a bullseye painted on your phone, and its contents. When your electronics manufacturer stops providing security updates, you are beyond the time to move to a new item, phone, computer, Blu-ray player, or whatever. I think that it is just the table stakes for having connected devices.

All the best,

BG

Personally I wish they'd given us a choice between the old UI and the new one - I like the old one better. I guess it's a good thing I upgraded to an iPhone 13 last year from my 6S+ or I'd be having problems too. Has anyone gotten the Tesla app to work on an M1 Mac yet? The M1 is supposed to be able to run iOS apps, but the Tesla app doesn't even show up in any of the APP Stores when searching from an M1 Mac.