Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Vehicle Registration ? [transferring ownership with Tesla]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my V5 back from DVLA, scanned it to .jpg, used it to try n register car with app, but it keeps coming up with
“Unable to process request. Please try again later.”
Over several hours, anyone else had the same problem ? Is Tesla having trouble with their servers ?
any help would be great please to get my app going.

Just to clarify, are you trying to add a used Tesla to your account? Did you buy it from Tesla or a 3rd party?

Perhaps try logging into the Tesla website direct as opposed to the App.

Or you could email [email protected] - it worked to get a car taken out of my account.

• If you cannot request an ownership change request via your account or App, please make sure when sending us an email to include all required information and documents:
    • Phone number
    • Registration address
    • Email address used for your Tesla Account
    • Copy or photo of your registration documents
    • Color copy or photo of your driver’s license
    • If registering under a business, include your business card with your name and company
I can imagine with holiday season and Q4 deliveries they will be busy and it may take a few days.

FAQ:
Tesla Account Support

Just to clarify, are you trying to add a used Tesla to your account? Did you buy it from Tesla or a 3rd party?

Perhaps try logging into the Tesla website direct as opposed to the App.

Or you could email [email protected] - it worked to get a car taken out of my account.

I can imagine with holiday season and Q4 deliveries they will be busy and it may take a few days.

FAQ:
Tesla Account Support

hi, thanks for that, it’s the same on the website as well, it’s a used car (3 months) from a third party dealer, just got my V5 back yesterday, desperately trying to get on app, I’ll try again tomorrow, then try the list n email, hoped Tesla would get more staff on when they know there expecting to be busy.

Hi, yes I did, just after Christmas, just keep ringing the service centre until you get someone who knows what there doing, then go through ever on the website of your account to make sure anyone else’s details are not were they shouldn’t be, yes it happened to me, i had to WhatsApp the other guy to let him knoW, he sorted it and they disappearEd, he’d heard of it before, if you’ve just got your Tesla, can I recommend cleevly EV on Facebook for servicing, they do travel, I’m in Notts