Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App won’t update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting the V9 update for Model 3, here's what I had to do: (given that I have an iPhone X running V12 iOS)

1. Delete the Tesla app from my phone
2. Go to the App Store and reinstall the Tesla app.
3. Open the Tesla app on my phone... and it works! It took less than 5 Minutes.

I tried that. The version on my phone app is 3.6.0 which I believe is correct, however, the app looks just like the old one with no new features.
3.6.0 is the latest version on iPhone anyway.

Easy way to check is when you’re driving the car or in the car and the car is in drive there should be a new menu for audio. It is titled media and shows on the top of the list

The only other new feature is sending destination to the map but you start that from another app like Apple Maps. So the Tesla app looks no different

After getting the V9 update for Model 3, here's what I had to do: (given that I have an iPhone X running V12 iOS)

1. Delete the Tesla app from my phone
2. Go to the App Store and reinstall the Tesla app.
3. Open the Tesla app on my phone... and it works! It took less than 5 Minutes.

Yes, that is probably the proper way to do it. In my case I just went to the app store and reinstalled the app and it updated my old version, so I guess either method works.

What new features are you expecting in the app? The v9 software is for the car.
The Tesla App for your Android or Apple now allows you to update your car's software via your phone. And it allows you synch your phone's calendar to the car's computer. This means that you can navigate to a meeting (if you have the meeting address in your phone's calendar) based on your calendar info.

The Tesla App for your Android or Apple now allows you to update your car's software via your phone. And it allows you synch your phone's calendar to the car's computer. This means that you can navigate to a meeting (if you have the meeting address in your phone's calendar) based on your calendar info.
True. But none of this looks different within the app. Unless an update is actually pending.

Reactions: gambit48
It appears that the new app looks the same as the old. I was able to send a destination from my iPhone google maps app to the car nav system. (BTW The map had no satellite or map detail) I haven’t tried to install a firmware update from the phone yet. I assume that option will appear in the app inbox. Also I see a screenshot that showed “summons” in the Apple App Store. Since I don’t have autopilot I expect that wouldn’t show.

Reactions: brkaus
What does it look like in the app when a software update is available and ready to update?
If you’re talking about an update to the app, nothing. You are notified in the App Store that there is an update.

If you mean an update to the car, then you get a notification and then this is displayed in the app:
B9946805-0446-40A7-A6C1-AD763730EAF6.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus