Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App won't display status of car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around 20 minutes ago I stopped being able to see the status of the car.

IMG_8765.jpeg

It just keeps saying "Last seen..." and updating the time. I can control some things but not charging. I tried rebooting the car but that didn't help.

Yep have the same issue until the car connects to LTE. Once the LTE module turns on, the car will start to share data with the app.

As an example this morning, I had to physically walk over to the car and open the door and wait 10 minutes for it to connect to LTE.

The car is sitting in the garage connected to WiFi.

I have never seen this issue in the 22 months. Even standing next to the car with the door open it wouldn't connect.

I could however open the charge port, open the frunk, etc. from the app.

I had a similar problem yesterday, the car for some reason wouldn't / couldn't connect to LTE.

Go in and drove it and within a matter of minutes LTE was restored.

Note I'm running the old software version (pre-holiday) and nothing has changed on the car recently.

I am confident it was not an LTE issue.

The car was in my garage and I have a good WiFi connection. Some functions were still working remotely (such as opening the frunk or the charge port) so it definitely had a connection to the Tesla servers.

It may have been an issue with 2021.44.30.2 which was installed yesterday but I believe it was actually an issue with the app.

The app has been getting progressively slower over the last few weeks and was a lot slower after the latest update a couple of days ago. Since deleting the app and reinstalling it is actually very quick to open and switch between screens. The car also seems to take a lot less time to wake up.

It might be a good idea to periodically delete the app and reinstall - although it is a bit of a pain as it looks like you need to set up the phone key again (it was still showing in the car but the app didn't know about it).

I am confident it was not an LTE issue.

The car was in my garage and I have a good WiFi connection. Some functions were still working remotely (such as opening the frunk or the charge port) so it definitely had a connection to the Tesla servers.
I don't think it needs a connection to Telsla servers to open funk or charge port remotely. The phone app can do this remotely via BT.

Reactions: 1001
Since deleting and reinstalling the app, the app works SOOOOOOO much better now. It is quick both for the car and the Powerwall.

Lately, I'd open the app on the Powerwall screen and it would take over a minute to display anything and then eventually it would show me the status of the Powerwall. Now, it takes seconds.

Same for the car. It used to take ages and now it is seconds, even if the car was asleep.

Reactions: Leeroy
After about 8 hours of not updating, my iPhone app updated in the middle of the night. I updated quickly again this morning to current. Not sure why all this happened. I wonder if the data has to go to Tesla on the way to my iPhone and they were having problem last night. BTW, the app on my iPad also wouldn‘t update yesterday.