TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App won't unlock doors....

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by sorka, Feb 14, 2018.

1. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Just got back from 50K service and MCU replaced. Went out to garage without my key and tried to use the app to unlock. No go. Everything else works. Can honk horn, flash lights, vent/close pano roof, turn climate control on. But I can't unlock.

The status shows that it's unlocked but touching door handles or hatch button does nothing.

Now if I get the key and open it that way, as soon as I press lock on the app it immediately retracts handles and locks.

Any ideas?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Probably a stupid idea, tried rebooting just to see? I can't think where the app would have different access to 'some' settings. Sign out and in in app?

3. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

At Tesla now in Fremont. They said that some key(i.e cert) hadn't been transferred properly when they did the MCU replacement. Fixed now.

4. XxCyberHackerxX

I have the same exact issue. Everything on the app works including keyless driving. But when the app says the car is unlocked the doors don’t do anything.

5. rpower123

rpower123 Member

Sorry to bump an old thread. I just got the MCU screen replaced due to yellow tint around the edges. There were some corrupt files on the MCU so they reset it when they replaced the screen. My app no longer works to unlock, open trunk, remote driving, but I can use to turn climate on off or summon.

I called Tesla Support and they told me they pushed a new software update and to delete the app and sign back in. I let the car update and deleted the mobile app and signed back in to the same problem. I've been waiting on a reply from Tesla service for over 2 weeks now. How did you guys fix the problem?

6. JRMW

JRMW Member

I’m happy you bumped this thread.

I’ve noticed a yellow haze around the edges of my screen too.

Looks like I just need to go to the SC for some deferred quality issues
    (My mirrors won’t retract, my maps no longer work, I have the yellow haze etc)

Most of these I just ignore... who has time to bring their car into the shop?

Luckily I’m a simple guy and love the car win the exception of the new grey maps

7. rpower123

rpower123 Member

I've been lucky enough to have a mobile tech come out and fix all my issues. Then again, I don't have a service center in my state yet.

8. dsnows

dsnows Member

I have the exact same issue. App controls everything including locking doors, but won't unlock doors, trunk or trunk. Online email support told me to reboot screen, which I had already tried but did it again without success. They then told me to completely power off the car... also no luck. Any other ideas on how to solve this?

9. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

You'd think they'd now exactly what it is by now since it's the same damn problem every time the replace the MCU and don't transfer over the certs.

• Informative x 1
  10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

You would think it would be part of the procedure?! :confused:

11. maximumblue

maximumblue Member

may be related .. latest upgrade changed the configuration of the center pad. One can no longer tap the car on bottom left and get the screen to show car then unlock the passenger door. if you have it set to lock all doors except driver's door, you must either reach across the car and manually open the passenger door or put the car in park take off the lock all doors except drivers door let passenger in then reset lock all doors except driver door. Bad bad change.

12. rpower123

rpower123 Member

Hopefully you got it fixed by now but there is nothing you can do. Service needs to transfer the certs as previously mentioned. I had a ranger come do mine. Took them less than an hour.

• Like x 1
  13. dsnows

dsnows Member

Spent over an hour on the phone with support. They tried several things and had me do several things, but nothing worked. He said he was going to escalate the issue to a higher level of tech support. Hoping they figure it out. They didn’t offer to send a ranger and the nearest SC is an hour and a half away.

14. ozark46

ozark46 Member

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same issue

15. animorph

animorph Active Member

I've had this problem. MCU1 replaced, certs not transferred. Mobile service wasn't able to fix it for me. He called it in and I had to wait a day before unlocking worked again.

16. dsnows

dsnows Member

Almost forgot all about this. Yes, they eventually fixed it remotely. I think it took about a week before they figured it out. Not sure what they had to do. Good luck.

17. ozark46

ozark46 Member

Just got mine fixed. Called support and went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps before he "escalated to a tech nerd in a basement". His words not mine!!

The escalation engineer "worked his deeper technical magic" again his words. He said wait 10 minutes and try.

After 10 minutes I went to try and it worked perfectly!

Seriously, what other car manufacture can do that?!