Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App won't unlock doors....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Just got back from 50K service and MCU replaced. Went out to garage without my key and tried to use the app to unlock. No go. Everything else works. Can honk horn, flash lights, vent/close pano roof, turn climate control on. But I can't unlock.

The status shows that it's unlocked but touching door handles or hatch button does nothing.

Now if I get the key and open it that way, as soon as I press lock on the app it immediately retracts handles and locks.

Any ideas?

Sorry to bump an old thread. I just got the MCU screen replaced due to yellow tint around the edges. There were some corrupt files on the MCU so they reset it when they replaced the screen. My app no longer works to unlock, open trunk, remote driving, but I can use to turn climate on off or summon.

I called Tesla Support and they told me they pushed a new software update and to delete the app and sign back in. I let the car update and deleted the mobile app and signed back in to the same problem. I've been waiting on a reply from Tesla service for over 2 weeks now. How did you guys fix the problem?

I’m happy you bumped this thread.

I’ve noticed a yellow haze around the edges of my screen too.

Looks like I just need to go to the SC for some deferred quality issues
(My mirrors won’t retract, my maps no longer work, I have the yellow haze etc)

Most of these I just ignore... who has time to bring their car into the shop?

Luckily I’m a simple guy and love the car win the exception of the new grey maps

I’m happy you bumped this thread.

I’ve noticed a yellow haze around the edges of my screen too.

Looks like I just need to go to the SC for some deferred quality issues
(My mirrors won’t retract, my maps no longer work, I have the yellow haze etc)

Most of these I just ignore... who has time to bring their car into the shop?

Luckily I’m a simple guy and love the car win the exception of the new grey maps

I've been lucky enough to have a mobile tech come out and fix all my issues. Then again, I don't have a service center in my state yet.

I have the exact same issue. App controls everything including locking doors, but won't unlock doors, trunk or trunk. Online email support told me to reboot screen, which I had already tried but did it again without success. They then told me to completely power off the car... also no luck. Any other ideas on how to solve this?

may be related .. latest upgrade changed the configuration of the center pad. One can no longer tap the car on bottom left and get the screen to show car then unlock the passenger door. if you have it set to lock all doors except driver's door, you must either reach across the car and manually open the passenger door or put the car in park take off the lock all doors except drivers door let passenger in then reset lock all doors except driver door. Bad bad change.

I have the exact same issue. App controls everything including locking doors, but won't unlock doors, trunk or trunk. Online email support told me to reboot screen, which I had already tried but did it again without success. They then told me to completely power off the car... also no luck. Any other ideas on how to solve this?
Hopefully you got it fixed by now but there is nothing you can do. Service needs to transfer the certs as previously mentioned. I had a ranger come do mine. Took them less than an hour.

Reactions: dsnows
Spent over an hour on the phone with support. They tried several things and had me do several things, but nothing worked. He said he was going to escalate the issue to a higher level of tech support. Hoping they figure it out. They didn’t offer to send a ranger and the nearest SC is an hour and a half away.

Just got mine fixed. Called support and went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps before he "escalated to a tech nerd in a basement". His words not mine!!

The escalation engineer "worked his deeper technical magic" again his words. He said wait 10 minutes and try.

After 10 minutes I went to try and it worked perfectly!

Seriously, what other car manufacture can do that?!

Reactions: dsnows
Having the same issue. tesla support told me to:
1. Hard reset by pressing both scroll buttons until logo reappears on the screen. Didn’t fix
2. Power car off for 3 min. Didn’t fix
3. Delete app and sign back on. Didn’t fix
4. Remove my phone from Bluetooth memory. Didn’t fix

they have escalated the situation. Hopefully they will let me know soon

I got my MCU 1 replaced and am seeing the following issues:
- App cannot unlock, cannot open trunk/frunk (though it can lock, remote start, honk, flash lighs)
- Voice control is not working. When button is pressed, the mic icon with radiating circles show, but doesn't pick up any words. My mic does work for phone calls though, so it is connected.

I'll contact the SC for the lock issue.
Has anyone seen the voice control issue?

2020.4.1 MCU 1 AP 2.0 Model S