Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App won't unlock doors....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MCU 1 replaced and am seeing the following issues:
- App cannot unlock, cannot open trunk/frunk (though it can lock, remote start, honk, flash lighs)
- Voice control is not working. When button is pressed, the mic icon with radiating circles show, but doesn't pick up any words. My mic does work for phone calls though, so it is connected.

I'll contact the SC for the lock issue.
Has anyone seen the voice control issue?

2020.4.1 MCU 1 AP 2.0 Model S
I had similar app limitations after the replacement of my MCU a couple weeks ago. Remote start didn't actually work though. It's related to not having an e-cert, using the parlance I discovered. I let my ranger and ranger's handler know I needed an e-cert and some time over the next few days it was fixed remotely and silently.
Not sure about voice control. That's been hit or miss over the years. Seems to be working fine now.

Just had my MCU 1 replaced. Same problem, lights and horn and lock would work from the mobile app, but several commands just would not work at all, unlock and open frunk and open trunk.

Here was my solution; Turned out the mobile app caches the old security token which will no longer work for those commands, and needed to be cleared by either clearing app data storage or uninstalling the app. Logged back into the mobile app and now all commands work through the mobile app including open trunks and unlock. Phone was sending old invalid security token key and this is why those functions didn't work.

• Informative
Reactions: dsnows and Bighorn
I tried using the online chat to tell them I was having the same issue. I posted links to the comments here. The guy wanted me to test my physical key which I told him was working fine. Was one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with customer service. I just booked an appointment for 2 weeks out to get someone out here. What a waste of time and money.