TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Apparently I need a better EV...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Naonak, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Naonak

Naonak Member

Wasn't really sure where to put this ... if it needs to be moved, sorry about that!

Got this message on PlugShare today from a local guy. Apparently because my EV takes more than 15 minutes to charge, it is quite inferior to the Chevy Spark, which only takes 15 minutes at best.

I have reconsidered my ways and will sell my two MSs and head on over to the Chevy dealer first thing tomorrow.

Maybe.

Probably not.

Better EV.png

• Funny x 2
  2. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Was there a CCS DCFC plug there? Otherwise at 240V, the Spark EV charges at a very modest 3.3kW.

3. Naonak

Naonak Member

Yes, it was a dual CHAdeMO / CSS Combo station. I charge at that station pretty regularly, as it gives me about 175 Mi/H charge, so it's pretty nice.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Oh yes! I am going to immediately sell my amazing MS with miles, speed, top safety and luxury for a car smaller than my dining room table, plasticy seats, no miles, no power, no nothing.

Can't wait!!!

5. AndreSF

AndreSF Member

KEV must have been so lonely out there...and wanted to strike a conversation with anyone, on any topic, no matter how outlandish...

6. Naonak

Naonak Member

Ah well, he seems like a chipper guy and he really likes his Spark apparently (got some more messages from him after that one)... I didn't have the hear to tell him about Teslas, as he didn't seem to know about them. So I figured just letting him be happy with what he has is the way to go. No sense in giving him EV-Envy. :)

7. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

As a Spark EV owner myself, I have to say it's good at what it does - getting me to the office and back, in the same city. If that gets him excited, great for him. :D

Having experienced the P90D with plans to own one, I view commuting in a Spark as the EV equivalent of No Fap February.