Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Car Key support coming based on new UWB part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your phone is already a key???

But, but, but... its not AAAAPPPPLLLEEEEE car key! The apple part makes it 1000 times better!

(said as someone who uses apple products actually, but one that absolutely doesnt understand why anyone would be excited for apple car key.... on a tesla)

But, but, but... its not AAAAPPPPLLLEEEEE car key! The apple part makes it 1000 times better!

(said as someone who uses apple products actually, but one that absolutely doesnt understand why anyone would be excited for apple car key.... on a tesla)

My reason for wanting CarKey support is because maybe Apple has a sane implementation?

If you have more than one Tesla, the key function only works with whichever car you’re “swiped into” at that moment. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve come out to my car, it doesn’t unlock, so then I have to fish my phone out of my pocket, unlock it, open the Tesla app, swipe over to the Model 3 and then I can open the door.

Sounds trivial but if you have your hands full of stuff, it’s annoying.

Maybe if Apple implemented it, they could handle more than 1 at a time?

Reactions: NHK X
My reason for wanting CarKey support is because maybe Apple has a sane implementation?

If you have more than one Tesla, the key function only works with whichever car you’re “swiped into” at that moment. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve come out to my car, it doesn’t unlock, so then I have to fish my phone out of my pocket, unlock it, open the Tesla app, swipe over to the Model 3 and then I can open the door.

Sounds trivial but if you have your hands full of stuff, it’s annoying.

Maybe if Apple implemented it, they could handle more than 1 at a time?
Knowing Apple, highly doubtful.

• Informative
Reactions: jbadger and brkaus