Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Car Play?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The crappy news is that waze just dropped all “friend” functionality other that FaceBook friends. Blows completely!!
Yes, this was a terrible decision. I do work for waze as a Senior Beta Tester. So I have contact with the important managers. Many Many folks have complained about this move. It was first described as a GDPR issue, but its possible I can convince them to change this decision.

• Love
Reactions: P-town_P85
I rented a car with CarPlay recently and loved the voice driven text messaging system. One way or another I'd like to have that functionality in my Teslas. I'm personally fine with all other aspects of the Tesla infotainment system.

Yes, I’m in the same boat but I’ve been there since 2015. You only need to use the software once to realize it will be the standard and it’s stupid for tesla to still have nothing. No CarPlay, no mirroring, no messages...why fight it.

Ironically the situation is very similar to the attitude Apple has when it refuses to adopt superior features on Mac due to not-invented-here Swine-mindedness

With Apple market share shrinking, I don't care as now understand why, and I am never going back to that golden cafe prison.
Also; I don't care about Android car anymore, what feature exactly do you miss ?
(Except playing video while driving)?

This is kind of related- In the absence of CarPlay it would be great if Tesla enabled audio play (not video, just audio) through the web browser. This would solve some of the media related restrictions and enable users to access other streaming music services.

The reason this is related to Apple is that someone on Reddit created a web page that enables Apple Music to be played through a web browser.

Here’s a link: Apple Music Player

Would be cool to have this on the otherwise useless web browser playing tunes from my library.

With Apple market share shrinking, I don't care as now understand why, and I am never going back to that golden cafe prison.
Also; I don't care about Android car anymore, what feature exactly do you miss ?
(Except playing video while driving)?

1. SMS integration for safe communication when driving
2. Waze integration. TeslaWaze is useless now due to the dysfunctional browser