Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple CarPlay in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Durzel
TBH, I am a bit of an audiophile and appreciate natural sounding jazz, and have a high-end home system. But I cannot imagine, with a background noise level of 70 db and lots of 100 Hz thumps (even with the improved Raven MS suspension), that one could really appreciate the difference with lossless on Airplay.

Don't get me wrong - I've pretty much stopped listening to CDs and vinyl at home for the convenience of Apple Music's high-res lossless (much better than Airplay) at home. I just don't think you can really appreciate it in a car.

But do they? I haven’t heard of any that do it effectively.
Yes, I've test driven both a Kia EV6 and a Polestar 2 lately and they both route via chargers.

I've also seen videos of a Taycan doing it.

I think it's a regular thing.

Polestar 2 has charger routing AND android automative (Not android auto note, this is a specific version of android built for cars. Which means you can use ABRP if you like), which makes it my fave for nav

Yes, I've test driven both a Kia EV6 and a Polestar 2 lately and they both route via chargers.

I've also seen videos of a Taycan doing it.

I think it's a regular thing.

Polestar 2 has charger routing AND android automative (Not android auto note, this is a specific version of android built for cars. Which means you can use ABRP if you like), which makes it my fave for nav
all new electric cars have this routing via chargers. including all skoda enyaqs, wv ids, mustang mach e, iconic 5 etc.
Only question is which chargers it routes you through and how often it updates these, as well if it shows actual occupation of each)

Quite a bit of extrapolation there to make that a headline. It would be a nightmare anyway, your phone would need to be on the same wifi as the car, which really doesn't make any sense. Carplay is the solution for cars, or aptX over bluetooth , other combinations aren't used as they don't sensibly work.

AirPlay 2 allows device to device direct play, there's no need for them to be connected to the same network. It's been in iOS since version 8, but it would depend on the car having the right hardware to support it - which it might not.

Yeah, Again the Proshce Taycan does and I've seen it in a Bjoyn Nyland video too, can't recall the car though. Useful feature and way more useful than only showing SuC availability and having a pretty terrible DB of none tesla chargers.
Maybe updated now, but the 2x Taycans I test drove definitely didn't. This was as of March 2021. Was the final nail in the coffin for not cancelling my Plaid order and going with an available Taycan (though mostly was about their impracticality). Anyway with the Raven MS's range I would ever really need to use a non-Tesla charger on the go.

Last edited:
Maybe updated now, but the 2x Taycans I test drove definitely didn't. This was as of March 2021. Was the final nail in the coffin for not cancelling my Plaid order and going with an available Taycan (though mostly was about their impracticality). Anyway with the Raven MS's range I would ever really need to use a non-Tesla charger on the go.
I'm completely different. I don't like limiting myself to superchargers and prefer to charge where in stopping anyway. Which is why the hopeless support for third party chargers on the nav, and the lack of ability to see free chargers on them doesn't fit with me.