TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Apple iPad’s Automotive Infiltration

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by vfx, Jun 5, 2010.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

wheels-VW-DAS-blogSpan.jpg

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#2 doug, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
    I assume you intended to include a link to the article (NYT).

Seems the owners manual will be the most stylish thing about the Coda. :wink:

3. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

Of course the manual has to be loaded because pdfs don't work well with the ipad.
    Now everyone needs an app for that...

Zune ftw. haha

Apples attitude towards its customers will catch up with them.

I think the tablet replacing text books is a brilliant idea but I want to wait for LGs.

4. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Sure they do. They can be loaded into iBooks. Also Safari will display them,although not as conveniently.

5. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

I've read of issues with it, but I know no specifics. ....I love to hate on Apple but it am fond of the pad. I would never buy one but now I need another type of device.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Not a huge fan of Apple myself, but love my iPad. PDF viewing is pretty bad on it -- I'm sure I'm just "holding it wrong" though.

7. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

I broke up with Apple a while ago. I finally managed to remove all traces of itunes from my computer when I got into podcasts of college lectures and the best place for that is itunesu.

I have spent some time recently playing with a few co workers new Driod OS based phones and I like the gui and the speed is impressive. You forget you are using a cell phone.

http://venturebeat.com/2010/08/20/lg-shockingly-says-its-android-optimus-tablet-will-be-better-than-the-ipad/

To be fair I feel that I should disclose I am one of those weirdos that likes separate devices that excell at one task than one multidevice. I have a phone with a camera a mp3 player with wireless but there is something about toys though.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member