Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Iphone 8 or X?

Which new Iphone will you preorder?

• Iphone 8

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Iphone 8 Plus

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Iphone X

Votes: 78 83.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
home button and fingerprint sensor

i currently use a phone with no physical home button and facial recognition as well as a fingerprint sensor. The no home button was easy to get used to (not too sure about Apple's gesture plan, though).

However, the facial recognition works well, but it requires me to pick the phone up and put it in front of my face in an awkward move. I continue to use the fingerprint sensor exclusively even though it is located on the back of the phone. I would hate to give that option up, so I probably won't be buying an X

X. Better everything, smaller than 8 Plus.

No contest.

Not going to be better on battery life than the 7 plus, just the regular 7 (which has terrible battery life). I'll still going with the X though. You guys shouldn't, you should all buy something else so there are fewer of us logging in at 3am on 10/28 to order.

i currently use a phone with no physical home button and facial recognition as well as a fingerprint sensor. The no home button was easy to get used to (not too sure about Apple's gesture plan, though).

However, the facial recognition works well, but it requires me to pick the phone up and put it in front of my face in an awkward move. I continue to use the fingerprint sensor exclusively even though it is located on the back of the phone. I would hate to give that option up, so I probably won't be buying an X

This concerns me as well. I use the fingerprint sensor for various things all the time without looking at the phone. Having to hold the phone up to my face is going to be irritating, but is apparently the future so I'll live with it.

Reactions: oktane
I think it should be facial recognition plus your own unique wink or gesture to confirm you actually want the phone to unlock.
4gEZ_f-maxage-0.gif

Nothing, my IPhone SE is working great and will continue working great got the time being..

You beat me to it: I'm quite happy with my iPhone SE which I got on Day 1. I expect it to be 2 or 3 years before I even think about getting a newer phone. Maybe longer. And I won't even consider a phone that's much bigger. (A few millimeters I won't quibble about.) I got the SE for its small size and I'm entirely satisfied with it. I want my phone to fit easily in one hand or a pocket.)

Does your phone use a combination of infrared camera, flood illuminator sensor, and for projector to identify face recognition?

I want to upgrade my phone, but I really like touchID. I can grab an 8 and a new apple watch for roughly the same price as an X. Hopefully the XI will have touchID again.

Also, Eddy Cue is nauseating.

Yeah I was hoping the rumors about going away with TouchID weren't true. Basically all the leaks turned out to be correct this time. Would guess they reintroduce touchID through the screen in the next model (as apparently they were trying to do but couldn't perfect yet).