Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Lossless on USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I burned all my CD’s as Apple Lossless codex and exported them to a partition on my Samsung T7 SSD, it loads and even displays album art work but the music won’t play and it says “loading error”.

Can the Tesla media player play MP4’s or do I need to dumb them down to MP3’s?

I burned all my CD’s as Apple Lossless codex and exported them to a partition on my Samsung T7 SSD, it loads and even displays album art work but the music won’t play and it says “loading error”.

“The proprietary Apple Lossless format is not usable in the Tesla, although there are programs that can convert these files into playable FLAC files.”

USB Flash Drives for Music | TeslaTap

I have a slew of lossless FLAC files, at a variety of different sampling rates and bit depths (16/44.1 CD rips; 16/48 audio rips taken from DVDs; and 24/44.1, 24/48, 24/88.2, and 24/96) on a Samsung T5. I took delivery on the car yesterday. I can't say I've tested EVERY SINGLE ONE of those yet, but I know for sure I played 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/44.1, and 24/96, and they all played. I haven't been successful yet in finding any info on signal chain transparency (if there's any resampling happening behind the scenes or not), but it all sounded reasonably good (certainly for stock car audio) to my ears so far...

You should be able to convert from ALAC--> FLAC losslessly and in bulk/batch, and get the same "audio quality," if you choose to...