TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Apple Maps has added some EV charging networks including Superchargers

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by techmaven, Aug 25, 2016.

1. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Apparently Apple has added Tesla Superchargers to Apple Maps. You can also search "ev chargers" and they have at least ChargePoint, EVgo, Blink and SemaConnect networks. Apparently they pull pictures from Yelp for those sites.

• Informative x 2
  2. Baja30

Baja30 Member

Nice, thanks for the info.

3. David99

David99 Active Member

Good to know they are starting. Google has some as well, but not anywhere near complete. PlugShare is still by far the best tool to find charging stations.

4. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Glad to hear it. The more charging station info out there, the better the EV market will grow. I use the Google maps on the Nav. But I also use the Tesla Waze app on the browser. It now indicates the Supercharger location and color codes them based on the cue. Green, yellow, etc. It also prompts me for cue feedback when I arrive at the SC. BTW, it also shows me where the cops are parked alongside the road, just like the mobile phone app. Teslawave.excelcious.com I think is the url.

• Informative x 1
  5. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Cool. Interesting that you have to search "superchargers" specifically... if I just search "EV chargers" it doesn't include them...

Thanks.

6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

PlugShare is good but still does not show the available current up front, you have to drill down to find it in a comment or if the author put it in the description.