Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music doesn't start off where I left it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has never continued playback when I get in the car with Apple Music.

My current workaround when I get in the car is to slide up the mini player and click on the latest playlist from Recents and Favorites since my last playlist is listed first.

Can any of you guys who are familiar users of Apple Music answer a simple question for me? I am trying to buy Apple One for my wife who wants Apple music and Apple TV+ for a few of the TV shows coming out now. I don’t really have to have Apple Music myself as I already have thousands of good songs and playlists I like on iTunes. If she gets Apple Music, can‘t I just use her login on the Tesla so she has anything she wants when we travel together and I could use as well? I imagine that would work fine unless she tries to use in her car at the same time, and then it would not allow one of the devices to work simultaneously? I work from home now, so the chances of us both trying to use at the same time is not very great. Just trying to lower the cost vs. a family plan that would not be used that much by me.

It should work fine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware of a limitation of 1 device per Apple ID using Apple Music at the same time. Then again, I have a family subscription to Apple One.

To test it, I'm currently playing two different playlists under my Apple ID, one playlist playing on my iPhone, the other on my iPad. Same Apple ID.

Reactions: SWIPE
Please excuse my lack of tech expertise, but does having apple music now allow me to use my iPod in the car? Will the ipod interface show up on screen? If my iPod is full of WAV files, will the car now start playing them? I know it never supported WAV in the past. And last, if Apple music is just their streaming service, does anyone know if the quality is any better than the awful Slacker Tesla default streaming?

Last edited:
Please excuse my lack of tech expertise, but does having apple music now allow me to use my iPod in the car? Will the ipod interface show up on screen? If my iPod is full of WAV files, will the car now start playing them? I know it never supported WAV in the past. And last, if Apple music is just their streaming service, does anyone know if the quality is any better than the awful Slacker Tesla default streaming?
The short answer is no.

The Apple Music integration will not play any of your iPod files. It will not display your iPod interface.

It will only allow you to stream files from the vast library of Apple Music files.

I can’t comment on the audio quality as compared to Slacker but it sounds great to me.

Been listening to it on a free trial. It sounds like the bit rate is a little better than Slacker (Tesla default streaming), but I don't have any hard evidence.
It's a bit laggy, tough. And if I close the internet log in page on my phone, it closes in the car. Maybe i need to download the app to my phone??

Edit: does anyone have the bit rates for the two streaming services they could share?

"Apple Music" is the name of Apple's paid streaming service. It has no relation or overlap with iPods.