Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music in MY using the browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m a dyed-in-the-wool iPhone/iPad/iMac/Apple TV guy. I’ve been on the iPhone train since 2007 with no plans to disembark haha!!

Anyway, I was thinking about Apple Music in the MY. Sure, I can use BT, but wished for a native app.

I remembered reading a while ago that Apple quietly rolled out Apple Music on a web browser at music.apple.com. So I gave it a try...

izsMvAG.jpg

And it worked. Though it’s a little wonky to use...you have to have the browser up or the music stops playing. And it’s possible to accidentally have the radio playing along with Apple Music, which is a little weird, haha!! I set the MY to my iPhone, and that “muted” the radio so I could hear what was playing on the browser.

Anyway, this won’t be for everyone, and of course I can just use my iPhone over BT, but it was neat to play with it. Hopefully Apple will make an Apple Music app for Tesla someday.

FWIW: I’m not a fan of CarPlay. Had it in my 2017 Bolt, and only ever used it for navigation (the Bolt doesn’t have built-in navigation). It was easier to use my iPhone over BT (the Bolt had great BT connectivity) than CarPlay. IMO, YMMV, etc. haha!!

Nice tunes, Primal Scream, Moby, Fatboy...
Thanks for the tip. Like more control over editing and mixing, so can't do the streaming, looking for iPhone or SSD solutions for the maiden voyage on delivery day!