Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music integration…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that is a dropped ball. I’ll have to test this out and see what’s going on. From what you’re saying, if I were to scroll to D-F and have that shown on the screen at the time of hitting shuffle it would only play those? Or is it always the first 100?
It will only shuffle the songs that are on the page you have skipped to. Or at least, that's my experience. :)

Do I need premium connectivity to sign into the app in the car or can I tether phone to the car, sign into the app and use it if I already have an Apple Music sub?
You can always use the Bluetooth connection to play Apple Music from your phone in the car.

I imagine you do need premium connectivity to use the Tesla Apple Music app.

To sign into the car version of Apple Music it had my phone read a QR code and then the phone interacted with the Tesla Apple Music app to get me signed in. Very slick.

Reactions: AlphaGigaChad
Do I need premium connectivity to sign into the app in the car or can I tether phone to the car, sign into the app and use it if I already have an Apple Music sub?
PC is not required to use the built-in Apple Music app. When the AM integration first came out, I didn’t have PC and instead tethered the car to my phone each time I set off. It works exactly the same as if you have PC. As per the suggestion above, ensure you have it enabled to remain connected to Wifi when going into drive.

Personally, I ended up opting back into PC just because I found tethering each time I wanted to play AM a right faff. Less of an issue setting off on a long trip where I got it up and running before I set off, but on those shorter trips where I started with the radio then decided I wanted to play AM songs and my phone was in my pocket…

Reactions: AlphaGigaChad
As an Apple not Spotify user I happen to think the Apple Music integration is an excellent addition. Works really well for me in terms of personal library access and playlists. I like the on screen layout, it certainly makes the monthly sub to premium connectivity more worth the money for me, rather than faffing about with the phone and bluetooth etc. I like simple :D

As an Apple not Spotify user I happen to think the Apple Music integration is an excellent addition. Works really well for me in terms of personal library access and playlists. I like the on screen layout, it certainly makes the monthly sub to premium connectivity more worth the money for me, rather than faffing about with the phone and bluetooth etc. I like simple :D
Yes indeed.

Now if only they had the app buffer the next track so that we don't have the "Playback error" when there is slow connectivity....

Apple Music is really flaky for me right now. Constant circling wheel and errors asking me to select media source but nothing happening when I do so. Really feels like a beta release. Will try a car reboot tonight to see if that helps…

Reactions: Djlw84