Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I would really appreciate seeing Apple Music make its way to my car... Does Apple actually have stringent requirements here? They have their own Apple Music Web API, and Android App, so it wouldn’t seem too far fetched to me. Especially in relation to how Tesla has been treating Entertainment on their vehicles; variety of games and media streaming options, pretty inclusive where space allows.

On a recent Tesla Owners Online podcast I heard a confident pronouncement that Apple Music is on the way to Tesla and currently being negotiated. Can anyone else corroborate this?
This would be perfect. I hope so.

If they could add apple music, Sirius (which now owns pandora), and Amazon music, that would cover something like 75% of the streaming market.

Reactions: KentheJ and JBT66
Taycan got Apple Music. So I think Apple’s requirements are less important than whether Elon “never” wants it just because Taycan has it, or he’s going to implement the same ASAP to show he also can. No middle ground.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Why is Apple Music better than Spotify? Just curious because I know lots of people switched to it but I don't see the appeal.

Not sure if it’s better or not but I pretty much depend on the Apple ecosystem which means I live on Apple Music. Would be handy if Apple Music (not CarPlay) was native like the other music apps.

Why is Apple Music better than Spotify? Just curious because I know lots of people switched to it but I don't see the appeal.

Because when I started using iTunes 20 years ago (well, technically 19 years and 11.5 months... it was SoundJam before that which I also used)... I moved my MP3 collection there.

Then I used iTunes Match to have a cloud-based copy of my library.
This became Apple Music.

Merits of Spotify/Pandora/whatever aside, I’ve got 20+ years’ worth of music in my library and I’m not interested in starting over.

Therein is the beginning and end of why I use Apple Music. Never wasted my time with the other services.

It looks like both Apple Music and SiriusXM Streaming are coming soon. That will be all I’ll ever need as far as audio goes.

Not sure if it’s better or not but I pretty much depend on the Apple ecosystem which means I live on Apple Music. Would be handy if Apple Music (not CarPlay) was native like the other music apps.

I also switched from Spotify to Apple Music because of the Apple Ecosystem. It's just built into the native music app and I love the UI visualizations and in-app lyrics.

I'm excited for Apple Music to be integrated into the Tesla system if the rumors are true from Green on twitter.

Please let there be Apple Music (and Amazon) App by 2021.4.x. I want to see this ASAP. :D

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 2.23.06 PM.png

Man, I would really appreciate seeing Apple Music make its way to my car... Does Apple actually have stringent requirements here? They have their own Apple Music Web API, and Android App, so it wouldn’t seem too far fetched to me. Especially in relation to how Tesla has been treating Entertainment on their vehicles; variety of games and media streaming options, pretty inclusive where space allows.
Nah. Apple TV is on LG. It's not a matter of if but when.