Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Pay on Tesla Shop Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried, over the last three days, to purchase apparel on Tesla's Official Shop, but every single time I try to use Apple Pay it says "This website was not able to complete the payment. Please try again"

I've tried this on my iPhone, iPad, and laptop. Is Tesla having issues processing Apple Pay transactions? Is it only me?

Maybe they disabled it to help with Q2. Apple Pay is costly to the retailer...but great for us users. Small potatoes but not nothing in terms of revenue. They also wiped out the free 5,000 miles referral supercharging I had for 8 months that I was only supposed to have for 6. Every little bit counts.

Yeah I don’t know what’s up. I’m surprised it still doesn’t work.
Here’s another oddity, the Apple Pay option only appears for apparel, trinkets and other rando Tesla toys. If you put car accessories, chargers and the like in the cart, Apple Pay isn’t available. Was this always the case, or are they in process of changing the site?

Did anyone ever figure this out? I've tried to use apple pay via the tesla app to buy accessories several times over the past couple ofyears and it always fails saying "card declined". I've tried multiple cards and it continues to fail but apple pay works fine for me everywhere else. I resort to going to the tesla website and buying accessories and it works fine with the same credit card which is associated with my tesla account and apple pay. I've googled this problem several times and the best thread I can find is this one from 2020. Thanks