TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Apple Pay on Tesla Shop Not Working

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by g1000x, Apr 13, 2020.

1. g1000x

g1000x Member

I've tried, over the last three days, to purchase apparel on Tesla's Official Shop, but every single time I try to use Apple Pay it says "This website was not able to complete the payment. Please try again"

I've tried this on my iPhone, iPad, and laptop. Is Tesla having issues processing Apple Pay transactions? Is it only me?

2. phantasms

phantasms Supporting Member

Maybe they disabled it to help with Q2. Apple Pay is costly to the retailer...but great for us users. Small potatoes but not nothing in terms of revenue. They also wiped out the free 5,000 miles referral supercharging I had for 8 months that I was only supposed to have for 6. Every little bit counts.

3. g1000x

g1000x Member

I'm not really sure what's going on with Apple Pay on their website.

I used it successfully to put $100 on a Cybertruck. But their official shop still doesn't work.

4. GalacticHero

GalacticHero M3-AWD+

Same here, doesn’t work from pad or phone, but only at Tesla shop

5. alexdav

alexdav Supporting Member

Could you clarify? From Apple support documents, there aren't any additional fees to accept Apple Pay, so I assume it's on par with the normal merchant transaction fees depending on credit versus debit card.

6. GalacticHero

GalacticHero M3-AWD+

Still not working.

7. ilyak

ilyak Member

Worked for me earlier today for a service payment, but only on the second attempt.

8. GalacticHero

GalacticHero M3-AWD+

You mean like for a service at a service center?

9. ilyak

ilyak Member

Yes, via the in-app redirect to ownership.tesla.com.

10. g1000x

g1000x Member

The issue we’re having is on Tesla Shop. Like I mentioned above, Apple Pay worked fine to place $100 on the Cybertruck.

11. GalacticHero

GalacticHero M3-AWD+

Another week and it’s still broken

12. g1000x

g1000x Member

Yeah I don’t know what’s up. I’m surprised it still doesn’t work.

13. GalacticHero

GalacticHero M3-AWD+

Here’s another oddity, the Apple Pay option only appears for apparel, trinkets and other rando Tesla toys. If you put car accessories, chargers and the like in the cart, Apple Pay isn’t available. Was this always the case, or are they in process of changing the site?