Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple: Rumors of EV to Challenge Tesla or Buying Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it so hard to conceive of Apple building their own car? This is the company that came out with a phone and completely blindsided an entire industry. At the time, no one saw that coming.

In particular, Apple is building a driverless car. Only a driverless car. The challenge of inventing what a car with no driver should look like and how it should function is right up Apple's alley. Their designers are no doubt in seventh heaven trying to figure it out.

Yes, the car will be electric, but that won't be the reason to buy it. Their car will be the best designed driverless car in existence, trust me. It may not have the best electric drivetrain, the best batteries (Tesla will likely have those, unless they buy one or more of these things from Tesla, which is very possible), but it will be the most appealing driverless car. Apple has the best designers in the world. When they focus on a product, it will come out insanely great.

Don't know if I agree with it, but it's growing on me!:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Never liked Apple 'cause of their predatory marketing on consumers, but this was against my financial interests as it turns out, so what do I know? Nothin' apparently.

What predatory marketing by Apple? I've never heard of such a thing. Apple's marketing is first class, I'm not sure what you consider to be predatory?
Exactly. Love them or hate them, Apple is an extraordinary organization, with marketing that rivals Disney and even religion. They never cease to amaze me. I do not find them to be predatory as much as they are simply awe-inspiring.

Don't know if I agree with it, but it's growing on me!:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Never liked Apple 'cause of their predatory marketing on consumers, but this was against my financial interests as it turns out, so what do I know? Nothin' apparently.

Outside of the fact that some people were "completely blindsided" by apple, I never liked their UI. I bought two apple computers and gave them away. I used an iPhone and never bought one.

Not all of us are all that excited about apple. So, they hit one out of the park. That means everything they do will be fantastic, right? I, personally, will wait and see, and am not all that convinced.

Outside of the fact that some people were "completely blindsided" by apple, I never liked their UI. I bought two apple computers and gave them away. I used an iPhone and never bought one.

Not all of us are all that excited about apple. So, they hit one out of the park. That means everything they do will be fantastic, right? I, personally, will wait and see, and am not all that convinced.

I have a lot of trouble with Apple UIs too. I think they are one of the best out there are hardware design as well as industrial design. Their products are almost always very attractive to the eye, their battery management is world class, and their hardware is usually more reliable and well designed than their competition.

I can manage to get around iOS, but trying to transfer anything to or from Windows on an iOS device is one of the most frustrating exercises I've ever done. I just can't grok MacOS. It doesn't allow me to do things the way that makes sense to me.

Edit: Came across this story. The Guardian appears to have found some proof Apple is working on a car
http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...riving-car-project-titan-sooner-than-expected

Last edited: